PDA

View Full Version : How to disinfect my shoes

crl
01-24-2007, 07:33 PM
I have plantars warts--Yuck. And they keep coming back. I think I am reinfecting myself with my sandals. These are leather shoes though so I can't wash them on hot or drench them in bleach. Is there some way to disinfect my shoes?

Thanks,

SummerBaby
01-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Have you been to a podiatrist to have them frozen off or otherwise removed? The virus may just still be in your body and until they get completely removed (down to the core) you will keep getting them. I finally had mine removed last summer (a lengthy process but totally worth it) and I've had no problems since. My podiatrist said I wouldn't reinfect myself from shoes, my shower, floors, etc. and thankfully, he was right. I would definitely recommend seeing a podiatrist if you haven't already.

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04

crl
01-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Thank you!

tylersmama
01-25-2007, 07:24 PM
I second this advice! I had some recurrent plantar warts on one of my feet and I went to the doctor about 4 years ago (I actually went to a dermatologist instead of a podiatrist). She froze them off, then had me apply a cream for about a month. Totally gone, and no recurrences since. Never had to do anything to my shoes or sandals.

One small bit of advice, don't do this the day before you are moving from a third floor apartment to your new house unless you want your DH to be very irritated with you. :)