PDA

View Full Version : OT: Backyardigans Questions

tarynsmum
01-25-2007, 12:20 PM
OK, Backyardigans fans, I have a VERY serious question. There's an episode where they are racing (sort of through a jungle or forest?), and they sing this song "Racing day, it's Racing Day, it' not gorilla chasing day... (OK I don't think it's gorilla chasing, but the song is basically that, with different inserts... banana tasting day... etc).

WHAT EPISODE IS THAT ON? the song gets in my head SO bad, and DD thinks it's hilarious, and I sing it all the time (making up different parts...)

HELP?!?!

psophia17
01-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Race Around the World.

We have it on DVD. Drives me crazy, but the song is catchy...I also like Castaways, which is on the same DVD.

Let's see, the cover of that DVD is Cave Party. I saw it 3x yesterday.

SummerBaby
01-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Yes, as PP said, it's Race Around the World. It's one of DD's favorites, along with Mission to Mars. The line that always gets in my head from the Racing Day song is "It's not doily lacing day, today's the day we race."

Anyway, here is the question that's been bugging me for several months now- Why, oh why, does Tyronne not wear any pants????? Uniqua and Austin wear pants, Tasha wears a dress, and Pablo really has no legs, so I understand that. But Tyronne always looks half naked to me. :)

Yes, these are the things that bother me these days.....

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04

megs4413
01-25-2007, 01:05 PM
that's always bothered me, too! i have no idea why they felt he didn't need pants......

the other thing that bothers me is that he has his hands in his "pockets" a lot...but he doesn't HAVE pockets....totally bizzare.

psophia17
01-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Some goolgling has revealed that Tyronne wears orange sweatpants. Who knew?

megs4413
01-25-2007, 01:19 PM
his beanie baby isn't wearing these "alleged" pants.....

psophia17
01-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Does his beanie baby have pockets?

"alleged" pants - I love it :D

sidmand
01-25-2007, 02:06 PM
That's MY favorite episode! Oh yeah, DS likes it too. :)

DS loves Austin though and anything that features Austin, so that may be why that one sticks out. It's the first one we ever watched (and watched and watched).

We were just talking about how sad it is that we (grownups) will watch the show even when there are no kids around. And I get the songs stuck in my head all the time. And I've spent way too much time pondering the whys and wheres of the Backyardigans. DH always things it's nuts in Racing Around the World when Pablo gets to the snow and says "Brrrrrr," 'cause he's a penguin afterall.

I have four of the beanies, but not Tasha because I find her annoying! Isn't that sad. If I come across Tasha I may have to get her to complete the set. I haven't seen the beanies in a long long time though.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

megs4413
01-25-2007, 02:14 PM
nope, no pockets...

megs4413
01-25-2007, 02:16 PM
i don't like tasha much, either...

austin is my favorite and DD loves Pablo. she really likes it when he does that "freak out" thing and they have to scream "pablo!" to calm him down....he's so funny.

our favorite episode is Surf's Up....too cute!

tarynsmum
01-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks mamas! You have no idea how much that was bugging me...

muskiesusan
01-25-2007, 05:02 PM
"never thought I'd need a big ol' hook"

(okay, so maybe we are dorks, but DH and I think it funny enough to quote on a fairly regular basis)

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

ohiomom
01-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Surf's Up and Race Around the World are my FAV kids shows ever!! "It's racing day, it's racing day..." :)

DD 7/03
DS ^|^ 5/05
DD 9/11/06

alleyoop
01-25-2007, 10:08 PM
I think that Samurai Pie is my favorite!
My all-time favorite is the Wonder Pets where Ming-Ming tries to save the squirrel by herself and gets stuck on top of the school house in a lightening storm. "It's the triple threat!" she says, and Tuck admits to Linny, "this is nice, just the two of us..." I practically spit my cheerios across the room! I am still having issues with Linny being a girl.

:)

elliput
01-25-2007, 10:14 PM
This my DH's favorite line also.

sidmand
01-25-2007, 11:04 PM
OMG, that's my DH's favorite line too! It must be something with the men. Although now we all quote things like that often..."never thought I'd need a ______" "I have it in my pack!"

DS on the other hand likes when they fall down. He thinks it's great when they jump over the hurdles, for some reason when Tyrone is paddling through the obstacles, when Austin gets hit in the face with the big leaf (that's a different one, when they're hunting for Sherman the worman's home), and in Cave Party when they're skating and falling down!

Yes, it's very sad that I know them all. Surf's Up is my sitter's favorite. I really like Race Around the World and Mission to Mars. We even have the CDs and listen to them in the car. And I honestly don't think DS is listening to them, it's me and DH!

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

bisous
01-26-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm not familiar with some of the episodes mentioned but I have to say that this is my favorite program that my DS watches. The tunes are catchy and the dialogue is funny. I'm lucky that it is my DS' favorite as well! I particularly like the Viking episode and I love the nod to Gilbert and Sullivan in Sherman the Worman. Good stuff!

tarynsmum
01-26-2007, 09:14 AM
HA! That's awesome. I can't stnd the Wonder Pets (ming-ming's voice drives me CRAZY!). I would totally pee my pants if I heard Tuck say that!

wagner36
01-27-2007, 11:55 PM
I think that also says something like "It's not sausage casing day, today's the day we race."

Whoever wrote that song was doing some serious drugs.

omgrown
01-28-2007, 12:01 AM
That is a good episode, I'm gonna have that song in my head all night now!
DS favorite is the pirate episode, not a stellar one in my opinion, but he's kind of pirate obsessed all of a sudden. The song from that episode is usually pretty well-lodged in my head though
"a pirate, a pirate says ARGH!"

fortato
01-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Maybe they are like footie Jammies, you know... Or nylons... with pockets...

K