PDA

View Full Version : best photo book site ?

Lynnie
01-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Ok, I could surf the internet and compare all the different photobook places, mypublisher, ofoto, etc., but first thought I'd check here - does anyone know of any good deals going on now from a decent place ?

I want to make one for MIL for valentines day (I was very slack during christmas/hannukah).

thanks in advance

LarsMal
01-26-2007, 10:13 AM
We used Snapfish for DS's first year album. We are very happy with it. My friend used it to make her parents a Christmas album, and she was also very pleased with Snapfish.

Emmas Mom
01-26-2007, 10:28 AM
I've used York photo & been very happy with them. They have great customer service (although you cannot contact them by phone, only e-mail). I've had to return 2 photo books...one my error & one theirs, out of about 6 books I've made, they are great about returns, replacements & refunds/credits. I'm always getting e-mails from them with specials. They have a great one on photo books, I've gotten it a couple times via e-mail, that's essentially $10 off (or 5 free double sided pages) if you order a certain number of pages...which is easy to do really. It's on their hardback books though (think 8x10). I made a smaller 5x7 paperback book for my Mom & they are much cheaper. Our hardback was like $45 I want to say & the paperback was about $16 or so (if I remember correctly)....it had about 48 pages though.

I did just check out Snapfish & they look IDENTICAL to York...has anyone used them both?

jenmcadams
01-26-2007, 12:00 PM
I've used Picaboo and MyPublisher. I like the quality of the MyPublisher books better (you can normally find a 50% off or a BOGO Free coupon), but Picaboo has cute backgrounds and more of a scrapbooky feel. I did just get a coupon in email for Winkflash for a 9x12 book up to 100 pages for $19.99 which is a great deal if the software is easy and the quality is decent. We do books for Christmas every year and people love getting them as gifts.

ltmommy
01-26-2007, 04:07 PM
I used Snapfish about 1 1/2 years ago to make DD's first year album. It came out nicely, but the pages were a little thin.

I looked around last month when I *finally* started working on the next album (I figured I'd do one to catch up through 2006, and then start doing an annual one). I checked out Picaboo but it seemed to be way more involved than what I needed - I really don't need too many page layouts, since I don't have tons of time to spend on this.

I ended up going back to Snapfish. It seems like they have evolved quite a bit over the last couple of years. You can now pick lots more page layouts and backgrounds, but it is generally pretty simple, not TOO many choices. I have also been uploading my pics periodically with their site to share with friends and family, so it was super easy to create the album. The software was a little slow at times, especially working with lots of photos, but not too bad. The other thing I really liked was that it stores your album online, so I can work on the album on any computer. From what I could tell, Picaboo works only to store the album on your hard drive, and then you can upload it for printing. This was especially handy since I could upload the pictures from DH's computer where we store them, and then edit the album on my computer.

That said, I haven't ordered the album yet (waiting to get back from vacation), but I have seen some specials online (just google "snapfish coupons").

Leslie
DD 7.04
and another 5.07

lmintzer
01-26-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm working on my first Photo Book on Shutterfly after getting some recs about the good quality.

The only bad thing I've heard about Shutterfly is that their leather isn't the greatest qualilty.

I'll post more when I finish my book (it's slow-going--I am trying to do a whole year in one book).