PDA

View Full Version : I need some new slippers

mommyoftwo
01-26-2007, 01:36 PM
I want something leather that is fuzzy inside and preferably something with a rubber bottom so that I can run outsideif I need to. I got some from garnet hill last year and I loved them but they didn't hold up very well. I'm willing to invest in a good pair as long as I know they will hold up. I will probably be wearing socks with them most of the time, but I also want them to be comfy without socks. The stitching started coming undone on the inside of my last pair and they got very uncomfy without socks. Any suggestions?

Momof3Labs
01-26-2007, 01:57 PM
llbean has nice ones (the "wicked good" line), and they take anything back at anytime, so you basicall have a lifetime warranty on them.

jgriffin
01-26-2007, 01:59 PM
DH and I both have leather slippers from Cabellas that we love. Ours have suede on the bottom, but I am pretty sure they have them with more outdoor-suitable soles.

Twoboos
01-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I splurged on some Ugg ones. IMO they are worth every penny. I have not been cold since I started wearing them!! I wear them with thin socks, though I think they recommend no socks.

They have decent prices and no shipping either way at zappos.com. So you can try them and if you don't like them, send 'em back.

I got the "Cozy." DH has the Scuff, and they do not have a thick sole, I would not recommend them. I think the Clugette and Coquette have a sole you could wear out, too.

mommyoftwo
01-26-2007, 02:23 PM
I was looking at zappos and came across these. They look nice and they are a little more affordable.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7129679/c/3208.html

miki
01-26-2007, 02:24 PM
How about these?

http://www.landsend.com/pp/OutdoorSliponSlippers-30788_166539_-1.html?sid=8605113999988153090&CM_MERCH=SRCH

katerinasmom
01-26-2007, 03:02 PM
I bought the comfiest pair of suede scuffs very similar to what you've described from Target. I absolutely love them, with or without socks inside and when I'm stepping outside to quickly drop something in the trash or bring in the newspaper. They were only $15 and worth every penny. But scuffs are open in the back and I can't tell from your post if that is a plus or a minus. Also, they are winter slippers and not available on their website. So you'd have to find a pair in the B&M store and since everyone is bringing out the spring lines, that may be a tough find.

A comfy pair of slippers makes all the difference to me after a long day at work. Godd luck!

kwc
01-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Oops. they are;t leather but Haflinger boiled wool slippers are the best! The wool footbed molds to you, and my DH says they are the only slippers that are warm but breathe enough to not make his feet sweat at all.
They come with wool or rubber bottoms... the rubber ones are more durable, my first pair lasted for 7-8 years.

http://www.amazon.com/Haflinger-Wool-Slipper-Speckle-Medium/dp/B000L3K6A0/sr=1-7/qid=1169842048/ref=sr_1_7/104-3072274-0691917?ie=UTF8&s=apparel

AngelaS
01-26-2007, 03:29 PM
I have had slippers from every company and every department store in the last 10 years and have FINALLY found something that lasts from October until spring.

Crocs.

Granted, mine are the knock offs from Payless, but they are plenty warm enough and SO comfy AND they support my arches enough that my plantar facitis doesn't flare up! I have been wearing them like slippers for several months now and they're perfect.

I also have um...accidently worn them out of the house on multiple occasions. They're so comfy that I forget and walk out the door with them on and don't realize that I forgot to put on 'shoes' until I arrive at my destination. Doh!

Tondi G
01-26-2007, 07:13 PM
YUP I was just going to suggest Haflingers! DH and I have both the slippers and the Grizzly! I love them both! I am partial to the grizzly cause of the sole on them but I believe they now are making the slippers with a sole as well! COMFY and WARM but not sweaty like Uugs!

~Tondi