PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl menu ideas?

table4three
01-26-2007, 03:14 PM
We are going to host a small superbowl gathering and I'm needing some inspiration for what to serve. Anyone have some ideas to share? Our only limitation is 2 people are pregnant, so we need to avoid deli meat, etc. What have you done in the past that was a success?

TIA!

buddyleebaby
01-26-2007, 03:17 PM
chili
nachos
meatball subs

pretty much any "guy food"

SnuggleBuggles
01-26-2007, 03:44 PM
We have been having an annual Superbowl Party/ chili cook off for almost 10 years. Everyone makes and brings their batch of chili. Host provides rice, chips, sour cream and other chili extras. They also provide beer and soda. It is pretty affordable and adds another element to the party. :)

Beth

jgriffin
01-26-2007, 04:04 PM
We always make chili, this year I'm making vegetarian (from Moosewood) and with meat. We have different toppings (onions, sour cream, cheddar cheese) and chips, a ton of soda and beer, and it's a party!

Jen841
01-26-2007, 04:04 PM
We are serving Chicago Dogs (Rachel Ray Everyday has an excellent Chicago Dog salad as an alternate if you want one), Ribs (with sauce from Twin Anchors in Chicago), Goose Island Beer and/or Pop (working to find in PA) and Eli's Cheesecake (I hope.)

My friend had an annual party and always served lasagna (Stoffers) and got RAVES. Lasagna, salad, bread,...

You could do a night of appetizers, old classics like those little weiners, wings, nachos, veggie/dip,....

VClute
01-26-2007, 05:55 PM
This is an awesome, hearty salsa-like dip:

2 cups tomatoes, diced
1 sweet onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cans black eyed peas (drained)
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
enough olive oil to bind it all together

Put all the above in a bowl, refrigerate several hours and serve with Frito scoops. I'm not kidding - It's ADDICTIVE!

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

Tondi G
01-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Chili always seems to be a usual superbowl food with Sour cream, chopped onions, shredded cheddar cheese

you could always make hot dogs as well (keep them warm in a crock pot) and people could make up chili dogs or eat the chili alone in bowls

OR how about....

weinie tots... little smokies wrapped in the refrigerated dough and baked

pasta salad, green salad, potato salad, macaroni salad

hot wings or teriyaki wings

7 layer dip... meat, beans, sour cream, guacamole, cheese, black olives, green onions/cilantro! serve with tortilla strips

sliced tomato, mozzarella and basil.. drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper... serve with sliced baguette

cream cheese (block) and cover with Jalapeno Jelly... serve with wheat thins or other crackers

spinach artichoke dip serve with tortila chips or sliced baguette

for drinks I would do Beer (for the guys) and maybe iced tea, lemonade and assorted sodas

~Tondi