PDA

View Full Version : When did you have your second, third, fourth, etc. children?

SpaceGal
01-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I hear a lot of people say that you usually will go into labor around the same time you went with the first. I was two days late with DS. When I met with my OB doctor last week, she told me usually you might go around the same time you went with the first but it's not unusual to go earlier if you are bigger than you were with the first. So I'm kind of a little curious to know what the sample of mommies here experienced. Aside for when you went how were your labors following the first...because that has me a little worried too. I had a fairly easy and quick labor with DS with no drugs...so of course now I'm scared if things don't go "as smoothly".

DC #2 is due March, and I really want him/her to be then because DS is born late Feburary so I would like it, if at all possible to keep their birthdays a few weeks apart.

Thank you for sharing.

miscelster
01-27-2007, 09:41 PM
MIL and mom kept telling me to stop carrying my DS around, because it would cause preterm labor. But he ended up coming a week after DS came (DS1 was 3 weeks earlier, ds2 was 2 weeks early). I felt pretty smug about that.

spanannie
01-27-2007, 09:48 PM
DS came on June 19, 2002 exactly on his due date (40 weeks gestation).
DD came on June 19, 2004 one day before her due date (39 weeks 6 days gestation).
So, I would think if I had a third, it would come right on time, too, hopefully not in June, LOL.

My labor/delivery with DS was fast. DD would have been faster, had my water broke with her. Things weren't harder, but the whole process took longer, and I think it's because my water broke immediately with DS and DD's broke when her head came out. I did not have augmented labor with either child.

HTH!

mudder17
01-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Can't answer it precisely. My first was induced 2 days before her due date because of low fluid levels. My guess is that she would have arrived after her due date, but of course, I can't be sure. My second arrived 1 day before her due date.

Eileen

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33734.gif 34 months...

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/1.png

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/2.png

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33732.gif for Leah

nfowife
01-27-2007, 09:54 PM
DD- 5 days late
DS- 4 days late

hobokenmom
01-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Hmmmm....that's a tough one.

#1 was born 8 days before his due date.

#2 was born one day before her due date, but I was induced, sort of for convenience purposes.

#3 was born two weeks before his due date, but I was walking around 3 cm dialated at that point and taking EPO to help soften the cervix.

Who knows? I think it's just generally unpredictable.

One of my good friends had a 32 weeker the first time around, and then went to her exact due date the second time.

JMS
01-27-2007, 10:11 PM
#1 DD - 5 days after due date
#2 DS - 6 days after due date, but I was induced. I really feel like he would have gladly stayed put atleast another week :)

buddyleebaby
01-27-2007, 10:20 PM
DD1 was induced three weeks early. DD2 came on her own three days late.

KrisM
01-27-2007, 10:48 PM
DS was 4 days over and DD was 12 days over. I had 2 c-sections, but the labor etc. was much faster and easier with DD than DS.

s7714
01-27-2007, 10:55 PM
DD1 was born exactly on her due date @ 40 weeks
DD2 was born exactly two weeks before her due date @ 38 weeks

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

charp2000
01-28-2007, 12:46 AM
DS was 10 days early
DD was 1 day late - (I did have my membranes stripped at my 40 wk appt/due date - otw she may have held out longer?).

Both of my labors were also fairly easy I guess - or I have a strong tolerance for pain & good attitude - as they were drug free. The last stages of labor with DC #2 went a lot faster - by the time I got to the hospital I was at 9cm! They broke my water, couple pushes & out she came all within 45 min.

Jill

Mommy to Benjamin 3/02 & Rachel 5/06

Melanie
01-28-2007, 12:52 AM
With my first I went into labor on my due date (Surprised the HECK out of me! They always say that First babies are "late" and I was born 10 days "late.") and with my second I went into labor 3 days before her due date (again - SURPRISE!).

ETA: I went into labor naturally with both of them, and my water also broke first each time.

Momof3Labs
01-28-2007, 08:15 AM
DS1 was born at 38w exactly. 21hr labor, 2.5hrs of pushing, forceps, quite a difficult birth. Epidural provided some relief, but not the miracle that it is for many.

DS2 was born at 39w exactly. 9hr labor, no drugs, 20mins of pushing. But I also had a midwife and doula this time who paid a lot of attention to my positioning so he wouldn't end up posterior like DS1. Skipping the epidural helped too, IMO.

ETA: Both labors started on their own when my membranes ruptured, but DS1 changed his mind and required pitocin to move things along.

o_mom
01-28-2007, 08:25 AM
DS1 was two days early by u/s dating, but on his due date by my charting. DS2 was on his due date (by 35 min), again by u/s since I hadn't had a PP AF.

LarsMal
01-28-2007, 11:52 AM
37 weeks 6 days for both!

brittone2
01-28-2007, 11:57 AM
DS was born 6 days before my EDD. Dates were exact w/ him as I had IUI, etc. and I ovulated on day 14 of my cycle.

DD was born 2 days after her EDD (I thought I'd go earlier). Her dates were a guesstimate though based off of early US (and our US at 20 weeks gave us basically the same due date as the one at 6 weeks gestation). I ovulated on like CD 90 of my basically non existant cycles, so who knows how long she was really in there, kwim?

I had a pretty easy labor with DS, and I was worried about whether I could "luck out" that way 2x. There was some concern that DD was posterior leading up to my labor w/ her so we did chiropractic (Webster technique) and the spinning babies stuff. I was prepared that I might have a really long labor w/ her if she was posterior. I ended up having her in about half the length of my first labor (6 hours for DS, about 3 for DD). I showed up to the birth center completely dilated and effaced and had NO idea I was that far along. I wasn't even sure if I was in active labor LOL :) She would have been born even more quickly but my water hadn't broken yet at 10cm so I basically had to wait for that to happen until I felt "pushy" which took about an hour.

thomma
01-28-2007, 05:54 PM
My second was born 27 minutes after the first one. ;)

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

C99
01-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Baby #1 came at 35 weeks.
Baby #2 came at 39 weeks.

I've also always heard that each subsequent pregnancy goes earlier (even if only by a day or two) than the previous one, but I don't know that that is really true.

mama2g03
01-29-2007, 12:25 AM
DS was born one week before due date. My water broke at 6 am and he was born at 1:26 pm with no drugs - yay hypnobirthing. He was 8 lb. 13 oz.

DD was born on her due date after some help at my doctor's appointment by stripping my membranes. I definitely felt bigger with her and I was ready to be done. I thought for sure she would be early, too, but she held out. Dr. appointment at 8:45 am, went into labor at 10:15 am and she was born at 1:11 pm. No drugs and less pushing than with DS - very quick and easy delivery. She was 10 lbs. I was hoping she would be early because DS birthday is 6 days after hers and I was also hoping for some space between the birthdays. Oh well, they come when they are ready. At 10 lbs I'm just glad she didn't come later.

BTW, DH was worried about how labor would go with DD since I didn't prepare with the hypnobirthing like I had with DS, but it was faster and easier the second time around and I remembered what I needed to from the hypnobirthing. Like riding a bike I guess :)