PDA

View Full Version : Cirrhosis diagnosis...anyone btdt?

chiqanita
01-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Mom diagnosed this week...she's 68....it's in the middle stages. Seems 'fatty' livers run in her family. Has one (out of 6) sister with a fatty liver. Her aunt died of cirrhosis of the liver back in the 70s...she was in her 50s. Her father had a fatty liver. She is not nor is anyone in her family an alcoholic....big eaters but not drinkers. Anyway, she is also diabetic and had a bleeding ulcer (which is how the cirrhosis was found).

I want to help her with figuring out what she can/cannot eat. Docs suggested NO sodium, NO alcohol, NO caff, NO peppery/spicy foods. Also no fatty foods including limiting oils.

Anyone have experience in this area? Please no sad stories ... I'm having a hard time taking this in as it is. I just want to hear from others who know someone who has this and is doing well.

TIA

edited to add a little and corrections

ShanaMama
01-28-2007, 02:13 AM
No advice, just sending you good wishes to get thru this. Sounds like your mom is pretty lucky to have such a supportive daughter.

chiqanita
01-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Thank you much.

LaurelC
01-28-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't have any information either, but since this thread is at the bottom of the page I am posting so it won't go onto page 2.

I wish you and your Mom good luck with this.