PDA

View Full Version : How do you get yourself going in the morning?!

Emmas Mom
01-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Other than the coffee/soda/caffeinated beverage option? I swear most mornings I cannot seem to get myself moving until 10:00 - 11:00! Granted little DD still takes her morning nap, so I ususally can't go anywhere until after then but I'd like to be READY to go when she wakes up, instead of just starting to get ready at that time. I know I could stand to get more sleep but some nights that's just not possible. Anyone have any methods/ideas on how to get yourself moving & wake up in the morning?

pb&j
01-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Breakfast, for one! Gotta have fuel in the tank. Exercise - some stretches or jumping jacks, just to get the blood moving. A shower. I always hop in the shower the minute DS is down for his morning nap, that way I'm dressed and ready for the day long before he wakes up again. And sleep. If you can get more sleep, you'll wake up rested. So hard to do, I know, but you'll always be tired if you're operating with a sleep deficit.

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

Melanie
01-29-2007, 12:32 PM
A shower. I always regret it when I opt for those extra 10-15 minutes of sleep (Dh gets up first) and don't take a shower. I just cannot get myself moving without one. I did that today and at 9:30 I am still in my PJs and the kids are all dressed and ready to go out. I just cannot get moving. I am still sleeping almost three hours after getting up (of course that has a lot to do with the quanity and quality of sleep or lack thereof)! However a shower gets me feeling awake every time!

g-mama
01-29-2007, 01:19 PM
A shower and getting dressed, hair done and makeup on. I do all of that before I go downstairs with the kids for breakfast. I try to get up before the first one does, but if not, we have toys in our bedroom and bathroom and they just play in there while I finish up. They know I won't even go down until I'm "done."

If I didn't do this, I'd feel tired and yucky all day long and not motivated to do anything. I want to be ready to go at a moment's notice. Oh, and I have to take my 6yo out to the bus stop at 8:30 so I don't want to be seen looking like a mess in front of the other neighborhood moms! :)

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

Melanie
01-29-2007, 05:06 PM
>A shower and getting dressed, hair done and makeup on.

HAIR AND MAKEUP? I'm impressed. I live by the 'at least I'm clean and you can tell by my sopping wet hair' motto.
;-)

And I FINALLY showered during rest time and I feel so much better now! Too bad I drug myself around half-asleep all morning.

maestramommy
01-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Hot shower. And sometimes caffeine. But the shower is a MUST.

coachkath
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Sometimes I didn't shower b/c I wanted to sleep while DD was taking her morning nap. It got so bad the last few weeks I couldn't take myself anymore.
Soooo back to exercising. I knew it would work, but I fought it. Had to start with an easy Leslie Sansome walking tape.
But, I actually WAKE up now, rather than just crawl out of bed when DD wakes up, get her milk and inject coffee into me. THEN I'd wait for her to go back to sleep 2 hrs later so I could sleep. How depressing.
So my advice is exercise exercise exercise! Oh, and I'm eating better too. Working for Jenny Craig helps with that - especially when we're having an employee contest. My goal is to wake up when DH does (5:15) and exercise, shower and be ready when DD wakes up. We'll see...
Kathy
mama to Kelly - my cute little Frankenstein walker

coachkath
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Sometimes I didn't shower b/c I wanted to sleep while DD was taking her morning nap. It got so bad the last few weeks I couldn't take myself anymore.
Soooo back to exercising. I knew it would work, but I fought it. Had to start with an easy Leslie Sansome walking tape.
But, I actually WAKE up now, rather than just crawl out of bed when DD wakes up, get her milk and inject coffee into me. THEN I'd wait for her to go back to sleep 2 hrs later so I could sleep. How depressing.
So my advice is exercise exercise exercise! Oh, and I'm eating better too. Working for Jenny Craig helps with that - especially when we're having an employee contest. My goal is to wake up when DH does (5:15) and exercise, shower and be ready when DD wakes up. We'll see...
Kathy
mama to Kelly - my cute little Frankenstein walker

LD92599
01-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Read my newspaper.
Walk on the treadmill (while reading said newspaper).
SHOWER!!

On the weekends i skip the treadmill part and instead read the paper while blow drying my hair!

Laura
Mom to Will

http://b4.lilypie.com/BhyBm5.png

alleyoop
01-29-2007, 10:23 PM
Run!

alleyoop
01-29-2007, 10:23 PM
sorry

jadamom
01-29-2007, 10:48 PM
I agree. Taking a shower totally helps me to wake up. If I showered the night before, then just washing my face with cold water in the morning will do it, too.

Wife_and_mommy
01-30-2007, 11:21 AM
My *big* one is getting dressed first thing.

I recently started leaving dd in her crib with a cup of cereal and a few toys/books and I'm able to take a shower and get dressed while ds plays in my room. If I don't do this I can't/don't get dressed until midafternoon which is usually too late to do anything but say I've showered that day...

I used to wait till dd's nap when I had just one. With two, it's much easier to get it done first thing. I do that with the kids too. DD is dressed before she's out of her crib each morning. I also choose what we're all wearing the night before.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

I love them most when they are sleeping.--Me
http://b3.lilypie.com/UnbPm4.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/dBwAm5.png