PDA

View Full Version : Coke or Pepsi?

Fairy
01-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Any variety.

Fairy
01-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Specifically, caffeine-free Diet Coke. Or as a co-worker used to call it, my brown flavor water.

candybomiller
01-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm addicted to caffeine free diet coke.

Sillygirl
01-30-2007, 12:28 PM
I used to drink Diet Coke, but my place of employment has free Pepsi products on tap. It took me six years, but I have made the switch.

If they had free Diet Dr. Pepper, they'd go bankrupt.

saschalicks
01-30-2007, 12:28 PM
My all time fave is Classic Coca Cola. However, since dieting I've been a Diet Coke fan. Although Coke Zero is great for my original love of Coke.

I will say the new Diet Pepsi Jazz Cherry Vanilla is pretty yummy.

My fave diet: Diet Dr. Pepper :P

bostonsmama
01-30-2007, 12:31 PM
No joke (brown flavor water).

Is it just me or does CFDC go flat the minute you open it? I have to buy it in cans, and it still goes flat too quickly.

As for me, I'm a recovering compulsive Diet Coke drinker, but I haven't had soda in a long time. I don't like Pepsi b/c it has a bazillion types of sweeteners in it, although when it's free (like at a party), I'll drink whatever's available and preferably diet to avoid HFCS.

I think Coke's next breakthrough should be Coke Natural (with SUGAR instead of horrible-for-you HFCS).

Piglet
01-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Honestly, I don't really care. They taste very much the same to me. If I had to choose, I think I like Pepsi more, but my all time favourite is Cherry Coke.

Oh great, now I want a Coke/Pepsi and it isn't even noon here.

SnuggleBuggles
01-30-2007, 12:36 PM
From the fountain I don't really care. But I hate Coke in a can- it is way too carbonated for me.

I hardly drink soda though. Like once a month. We have a case of Pepsi downstairs though.

Beth

wencit
01-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Normally, I don't care, but since Pepsi makes a caffeine-free version that's NOT also a Diet (so, just regular Pepsi but without the caffeine), I have to vote Pepsi. Since DS is still nursing, I try to avoid caffeine, so it's nice to have a drinkable cola available to me!

tarabenet
01-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Live on the stuff. Caff, decaff, whatever. In cans, so it is nice and fizzy. No one seems to get the mix right on tap, though so for fountain drinks, OK: Diet Coke. Especially if it is from Sonic!

Cristiana
01-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Coke Classic all the way. Pepsi tastes like Coke that has been left out opened for 2 days. :)

MayB
01-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Diet Pepsi would be my first choice but I'll drink Diet Coke as well. Whatever's on sale, really. I need it in bottles, though. Hate the taste from aluminum cans, yuck!

scoop22
01-30-2007, 01:08 PM
when it comes to regular coke or pepsi i prefer coke but i will drink pepsi. (this is what our work supplies)

now diet. i will only drink diet coke. i hate diet pepsi
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

Momof3Labs
01-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Diet Coke, and only out of a fountain. McDonald's is the best - something about that thicker straw that they give you, lol!

pb&j
01-30-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't usually drink either, but when I was preggo, Pepsi was the only thing that helped my nausea.

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

DebbieJ
01-30-2007, 01:14 PM
>I think Coke's next breakthrough should be Coke Natural (with
>SUGAR instead of horrible-for-you HFCS).

Buy the Mexican version of coke. It's not made with HFCS.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

fredsmom
01-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Die hard Tab drinker here! Yes, they still make it. Anyone else?

Kathleen

DebbieJ
>Normally, I don't care, but since Pepsi makes a caffeine-free
>version that's NOT also a Diet (so, just regular Pepsi but
>without the caffeine), I have to vote Pepsi.

Coke makes a regular caffeine-free version, too. It was my drink of choice while preggo.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

sdoyle
All time favorite (what I want to drink)- coke classic or cherry coke
Figure friendly (what I DO drink)- diet coke
Best fountain soda (the only reason I ever go there)- McDonalds Coke Classic

Stacy

BillK
01-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Diet Pepsi Jazz - Black Cherry Vanilla version. I hope they keep making it.

Puddy73
01-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Definitely Coke or Diet Coke with Splenda! The gas station near our house keeps old fashioned bottled Cokes in a huge ice bucket - yum!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

Mommy Of A Little Angel
01-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Coke - hands down!

deannamorrison
01-30-2007, 02:53 PM
I love Classic Coke.Coke has a certain tartness which Pepsi lacks!

bostonsmama
01-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Agreed, as are the european versions....the problem herein lies finding such items when you don't live in a border state...or in not paying an arm and a leg ($1 per 12oz bottle) when you do find it. That's why I think Coke needs to market it here in the US...with the organic/health food craze sweeping our nation, I can't believe they didn't think of it earlier, especially since 7 up (I think, or was it Sprite) went all natural just a bit ago.

jgriffin
01-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Oooh, that was tough. From a can I prefer Pepsi (regular or caffeine-free). But I much prefer the glass bottles of Coke from Mexico. American Coke in glass bottles is ok (better than from a can) but not nearly as good as Mexican.

lmintzer
01-30-2007, 03:42 PM
My favorite is fountain coke!

Corie
01-30-2007, 03:46 PM
If it's a fountain drink:

a Pepsi from Sonic (love their ice!)
I haven't seen a Sonic up here though.

I don't mind a fountain Coke just prefer Pepsi.

If it's from the can:

It MUST be a Pepsi. Can not stand Coke.
I don't drink it out of the can. I prefer to drink it out of a plastic
cup with ice.

katiesmommy
01-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Diet Coke, my deceased MIL got me hooked on it.

thomma
01-30-2007, 07:03 PM
diet Coke out of a can...not cold

aa2mama
01-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Diet Cherry Coke!

kboyle
01-30-2007, 08:47 PM
i'm a pepsi gal...though if i HAD to pick a diet pop i like diet coke much better than diet pepsi. and...i do like fountain coke while i HATE canned coke.

elephantmeg
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
pepsi of course! mmmmmmmm

elliput
01-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Uh, iced tea? I can go months without drinking a cola, but DH drinks diet of whatever is cheapest (including store brands).

Twin Mom
01-30-2007, 10:39 PM
I live in the ATL so it has to be Coke. Classic for me but only when I eat out (which is too often). I don't keep Coke in the house. DH is addicted to Diet Coke and drinks way too much of it. He won't drink Diet Pepsi - says it's nasty. In restaurants that serve Pepsi products (there aren't many of them here) he drinks regular Pepsi.

mommy111
01-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Some days its coke, some days its pepsi, never the diet, its the only caloric thing that I splurge on, but I can't do my day without the regular coke/pepsi (with the real sugar) :)

maestramommy
01-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Definitely Pepsi. And if I have to drink Diet, it HAS to be Pepsi. Diet Coke grosses me out for some reason. Pepsi seems to have more fizz and as a kid I just like it more. Grew up feeling the same way.

denna
01-31-2007, 04:32 AM
I had no idea that the European version of Coke didnt have HFC. No wonder its like $3 a soda when you go to restaraunts :D. And it si 7 Up that went all natural, that has become our family's favorite since I was preggo and caffeine free ;).

I voted for Pepsi, I have always been a Pepsi fan coke just seems way to sweet to me.

crayonblue
01-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Yep, we drank and drank and drank Coke in Guatemala! I am normally not a soda drinker but I think it's so much better there. Must be the sugar instead of HFCS!

gina
01-31-2007, 12:41 PM
DH loves Pepsi. I was always a coke fan myself but preferred Dr Pepper to all of it. Started getting stomach aches with any colas mainly coke or pepsi. I am pretty much cola free now. I have an occasional fountain coke with ice but can't drink it straight from the bottle or can. Jade loves it but has braces so we don't allow it and Olivia is too young. I don't even keep it in the house any more. DH has to get his fix elsewhere. We do water, ice tea, milk, and juices here, ohh and sometimes kool aid.

Gina E

DD 15 yr Jade
DD 11 mo Olivia

rlu
01-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Yep, changed to the caffeine-free classic coke (non-diet) when pregnant and still my choice when I drink soda (about once a month).

chiqanita
01-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Neither. Don't like the taste of either or their variations.

I am a Root Beer girl all the way! If that isn't available I'll go for Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb (do they make that anymore?)

And I LOOOOOOOVE the ice at Sonic, too so that's where I get my pop fix.

Hey that reminds me, in high school all I drank was Cactus Cooler or Welch's Grape soda. Haven't seen them in a while.