PDA

View Full Version : How do you store clothes?

Mommy Of A Little Angel
01-30-2007, 03:51 PM
I am looking to put some clothes away and am trying to figure out the best way to do it. Should I put them in those big storage bags or should I just use storage containers? What do you do?

Thanks!

wencit
01-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Costco sells some pretty good-quality cardboard boxes. They're very thick and have sturdy double walls, as well as lids. We use those to store clothes.

bostonsmama
01-30-2007, 04:37 PM
I have two Rubbermaid/Sterilite bins in which I store clothing in the attic. I like the Rubbermaid one better b/c of the lid which *actually* locks onto the top tightly and the handles that allow you to carry the bin w/out making the lid pop off. However, I like the Sterilite containers that are see-through plastic. It helps when I want to pop my head into the attic to quickly figure out where a top I'm hunting down is hiding.

FTR, I have the space bags and really like them for storing old costumes and DH's clothing, but it wrinkles the dickens out of them. I like that for all intent purposes I can fold and gently stack my tops and pants in large (20-40 gallon) Rubbermaid totes with a dryer sheet and take them down in 2 seasons and transfer them to the dresser drawer. With space bags you'd have to relaunder to get those deep pressed wrinkles out...and that just stinks. I do use them when a hurricane is coming, but otherwise I stick to the Rubbermaid totes. I don't have a problem with rats, moths, mold/mildew, though.

newnana
01-30-2007, 05:35 PM
We do the clear sterlite containers as well. They stack great. They are clear so I can see at a glance which ones I need. They are a lifesaver for us.
Michelle

maestramommy
01-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I stack them in trash bags, and put them into large plastic tubs by some kind of loose category. Back when I was being really anal I also threw some moth balls into the bins.

C99
01-30-2007, 11:27 PM
I use Rubbermaid/Sterilite containers for stuff in (unfinished) basement storage. I use the 15" square IKEA GLIS bins w/ lids for storage in the bedrooms.