PDA

View Full Version : Quick Ebay question!

NancyJ_redo
01-30-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm hoping one of you may know the answer. Late last night I sold some time sensitive tickets on Ebay. The buyer sent me an email via Ebay right after the auction closed asking me to send the tickets today via overnight delivery. There was a shipping address in the Ebay email.

This morning I received her payment via Paypal and she again asked me to ship right away. There was a different shipping address in this Paypal email.

I've emailed her a few times today to confirm the right address but I don't think she's on email today, and I'm running out of time to get the overnight envelope in the mail. So my question - which is the more correct shipping address - the one in the Ebay email or the one in the Paypal email? Is one auto-completed based on her profile whereas the other one is manually input?

Hopefully that makes sense! Thanks in advance.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
01-30-2007, 05:58 PM
If there is no phone number that you can contact the buyer at (sometimes there is along with one of the addresses they send you), I would ship to the paypal address (if it is confirmed). Then, I would email the seller and tell her that's the address you used. Are they in the same city? If so, she should (hopefully) be able to pick them up. Just send it to the confirmed address and I don't think you can go wrong.

Sorry you are dealing with this and I hope it works out!

kellyotn
01-30-2007, 06:01 PM
I would say the one she typed in more recently. Her PayPal addy could be out of date - worst case. Or, just be her home and she wants the tix to go to the work office where she'll be to retrieve them.

I'd say if she typed an address in MANUALLY TO YOU, I'd go that route.

dules
01-30-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think you are less protected if you ship to anything other than a confirmed PayPal address - however since eBay and PayPal are related, it seems weird that the two don't match.

EBay has live help on the home page - might want to chat with a customer service rep.

Good luck,

Mary

Momof3Labs
01-30-2007, 08:37 PM
If you ship to anything other than her Paypal confirmed address, you will automatically lose if she decides to file a complaint with Paypal. Doesn't matter if you have proof of mailing or even a signature, if you send to an unconfirmed address and she complains, you will automatically lose. So that's the address that I would send to, honestly.

NancyJ_redo
01-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Thank you so much for the replies. I did exactly what most of you suggested and sent it to the Paypal address. I still haven't heard back from the buyer but I hope it was the right one, and in any event it seems I did the right thing to protect myself as far as Ebay & Paypal are concerned.

Thanks again!