PDA

View Full Version : At what point do you ask if she received the gifts?

MegND95
01-31-2007, 02:32 PM
I am in a quandry. For Christmas, I brought gifts for my cousin's children. My cousin and her family were not present at the holiday gathering at which the gifts were exchanged. I gave the gifts to my aunt, assuming she would pass them along to my cousin (her daughter). I have received no acknowledgement that she received the gifts. Do I send her an email asking if she got them? I don't want to make her feel bad, if she is behind on writing thank you notes. But I would like to know that her kids got the things we picked out for them.

Should I send an email or give it a few more weeks?

jgriffin
01-31-2007, 02:41 PM
I'd give it a few more weeks. I still haven't sent out thank you notes, and neither has my sister, and we're both usually pretty good about that (*blush*)

Can you email your aunt to make sure they got passed along?

Pennylane
01-31-2007, 06:57 PM
I just sent an email 2 days ago to a relative that we don't get to see at Christmas to inquire whether the present I had mailed arrived. She quickly replied back that it had.

I don't see a problem with asking, it's been over a month. I think that is plenty of time for her to send you an email or a quick note. You could just send her an email to see how their holidays were and then just ask if everyone liked the gifts you sent with your Aunt.

Ann

vonfirmath
02-02-2007, 01:45 AM
My presents to my sister and her family never arrived :( I don't know what to do now.