PDA

View Full Version : Help a clueless iPod owner please!

mariza
01-31-2007, 09:09 PM
I am travelling to FL tomorrow with Thing One and Thing Two by myself. I had been planning all along to take our portable DVD player, but I just remembered that I have an iPod Video that I *had* to have 2 years ago that I still haven't bothered to figure out!
So, are there sites where I can download kids shows (Barney, Seseme Street, etc)? I need it to be quick and easy and please tell it to me like I'm a 2 year old :)
My brother put all my music on it and I can barely figure out how to get to the songs I want. I'm not dumb, just have gotten to a point that I don't have the time or energy to learn this stuff, but now I need a crash course! TIA!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

SnuggleBuggles
01-31-2007, 09:35 PM
I think iTunes is extremely easy to navigate. Have you tried it? If you haven't used iTunes forever you will want to update so you have access to all the Tv shows and movies.

Now, I don't know if those kids' shows are on there. I have my iTunes loaded on my other computer.

Beth

Momof3Labs
01-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Do you have iTunes on your computer? If so, double click on that icon. Once it opens, on the left hand side, click on iTunes store. You can find tv shows in there (I found Little Einsteins but not Sesame Street, so search on a bunch of their favorites to find what you need) to buy, which will put them in your iTunes on your computer. Then plug in your iPod and it should sync up with what is on your computer in iTunes. It really is very, very easy, unless your brother didn't put iTunes on your computer, then I can't help you as I haven't personally done that!

mariza
01-31-2007, 10:18 PM
When I first got it I did put iTunes on my laptop, and my brother burned all of my CD's onto it. It was eating so much memory from my laptop that I put it all on an external hard drive and erased the music from the laptop. Here's what I'm not sure of: if I download from iTunes, will it erase the stuff on my iPod since there is nothing in my iTunes anymore? I thought that everytime you sync with the computer it changes the iPod to match your PC, is that right?
I guess it wouldn't be a huge deal since I could just load it back when I get home, but I'd rather not.
Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I'm trying to pack and I can't beleive I didn't think of this earlier!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

Momof3Labs
02-01-2007, 08:00 AM
That's right, if you sync your iPod, it will erase everything and only put what you currently have on your iTunes. It is a pain to have two different computers going for your iPod, so to the extent you can do it all in one place, I'd recommend it.

Also, you don't have to sync everything in iTunes every time. You can pick and choose by creating a playlist (I think that is what it is called) and only syncing that playlist (versus everything in iTunes).