PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time you flossed?

newnana
02-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi Folks,
I remember a while back a few of us B*tching about our dental fears/woes. Yesterday as I was sitting in the chair, white knuckled while my mouth was being wrangled, I recalled a previous vow on these boards long ago to floss better. Oh how I wished I had held up my end of that bargain. Thankfully the check up was good and there are no issues, but that didn't stop me from dancing out of there like a kid on the last day of school (and treating myself to a little retail therapy after).

So, this is my friendly reminder to floss.

I didn't have to use it yesterday, but wanted to remind my fellow chickens of our friend the numbing spray. For some crazy reason I decided to go brave yesterday, but the time before that the hygenist offered me the most miraculous thing ever: numbing spray. Super easy, a little aerosol can they spray in your mouth to numb up the area for a short while so all the tartar scraping and flossing and other potential pinches are unfelt by you.

Thanks!
Michelle

so, after that super long winded explanation, our poll:

katiesmommy
02-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I just went to the dentist and they told me that I have mild gingivitis, at 23 years old that was a shock. So now I'm flossing every night.

kijip
02-03-2007, 02:33 AM
I floss. A lot. More than once a day. Most often after every meal. My teeth are little food traps if I don't which is bad for my health and for my breath (yuck). Needless to say, my gums don't bleed at all, ever.

Mamma2004
02-03-2007, 07:30 AM
I floss each and every night, no matter how tired, just before brushing my teeth. (Flossing is supposed to "loosen" debris between teeth so the final brushing should take it all away)

If I eat something that requires a mid-day flossing, I still floss at night.

Stephanie

brittone2
02-03-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm wearing braces on my upper teeth right now, so yeah, flossing is definitely necessary. It has also gotten much easier as my spacing has improved w/ my teeth. It was such a tight fit before, that it made it much more of a hassle. It is quite a bit easier now.

overcome
02-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Interesting...my dentist told me to floss after brushing. He indicated if you floss before, it allows all the food/plaque you are brushing away to get stuck in the areas you just flossed.

Wonder what others' dentists say...

MarisaSF
02-03-2007, 11:24 AM
My hygienist suggested flossing first. Floss-rinse-brush-rinse-floss again? nahhh. ;)

I'm thrilled that my DD loves flossing too. She loves the minty floss.