PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get b'day invites in small quantities?

CiderLogan
02-08-2007, 02:34 PM
We are having a small party for Clara's 1st birthday in May, and I want some cute invitations, but I only need about a dozen. It seems the cute sites like inababycarriage.com and tinyprints.com have a minimum order size of 25. Anyone know of sites that offer smaller quantities? Or are there other options beyond the handwritten invitations with the fill-in blanks that I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!
Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-08-2007, 03:23 PM
I am impressed with your planning! My DD's first birthday is also in May and I haven't even thought about it yet. Here's some ideas that I came up with.

If you want nice, high quality invitations, Crane's sells them in packs of 12 or so. You can print them yourself at home (they have templates online so you can't mess it up). They also have quite a few designs on sale right now so it can save you money.

Also, peekaboopumpkin.com have really cute invites and I think you can get smaller quantities (maybe 20 or less). They will print them or you can. I ordered my SIL's shower invites from them and really liked their products.

Also, have you tried Papyrus? They usually have really cute invitations that you can print at home as well.

Hope you find something great and when you do, please share! I would love to see what you come up with.

denna
02-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Hey Jenny-

I just ordered some baby shower invitations for a great price in a small quantity from www.taylorcard.com. They turned out beautifully and the customer service was awesome.

HTH,

kristenk
02-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Are there any stationery/paper stores where you live? I always order mine through the same store in town. Last year, I just purchased the notecards and little embellishments there and then printed the whole thing out on my computer. This year, they had an adorable design that they had to print out, so I had them do the whole thing. I think I ordered 12 invitations total.

Tondi G
02-08-2007, 05:01 PM
you can create on your computer yourself. Buy lazer paper like this site sells www.colorsbydesign.com

or

I got invites done through this site and the WAHM Kristin is fantastic! She will do anything custom for you.... she will even do the return addy, and mail them for you for an additional fee! Check out her site!

www.choochoocreations.com

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

SnuggleBuggles
02-08-2007, 05:18 PM
I bought Print Master and have been making all invitations and announcements for many years. All of ds' invites have been made on there and printed on Avery brand postcard paper. Sometimes I just mail them as postcards and other times we stick them in an envelope. I love that I can really personalize them and make the quantity I want. Little bit of a learning curve with the software but you can make cute stuff. :)

Beth

mommyoftwo
02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
I second the recommendation for choo choo creations. We were thrilled with our invites.

roysmom
02-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I created my own using Photoshop Elements and printed them at Winkflash.com using postcards. I ordered 30 and it cost me about $15.00 shipping and all. They turned out excellent.