PDA

View Full Version : Another ebay question - filing a complaint with Paypal

torontomom
02-09-2007, 10:04 PM
deleted...

searchdog
02-10-2007, 07:58 AM
I am in a similar situation and paypal has basically said my only option is to pay shipping out of my pocket and then I will get a full refund. In my case it isn't worth paying the shipping back because it is $10.45 to send back an item I only paid $25.50 for to begin with including shipping. In my new opinion paypal SUCKS and they help the seller way more than the buyer. My seller used a stock photo and then sent a different model of the item all together. It just stinks!

BTW I finally called paypal because I think there online resolution center is a pain to follow. I did file online though.

torontomom
02-12-2007, 08:09 PM
deleted...

goodnightmoon
02-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Did she escalate the Paypal claim past the first step? When I recently opened a dispute, I found out that the first step is apparently useless. Paypal essentially tells you to try discussing the problem with the seller and if there are no further problems, Paypal will close the dispute in 30 days (I think). I had to actually go back in and escalate the dispute so that they would investigate. Even so, I've read that it can take weeks to get anything done. (In my case, it worked though, because the seller heard from Paypal and knew I had opened a complaint. Hopefully that will work for your Mom too.)

Laura
DD Feb 2005

hudsonam
02-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Did you look into filing a complaint with ebay? They have a live chat, which i think you can access from the home page (it can be hard to find the link). I'd try asking them what they recommend. That really stinks. She should also leave her negative feedback.