PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of these pics for DS's birth announcement?

nfowife
02-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Be honest, I know he's cute but what do you think of the pics? Should I keep trying to get better ones? Should I try and get a full-body diaper shot instead of one of the face pics, and if so, which one should I cut?
Are they too grainy (MIL's camera stinks!)? There are spaces for 3 pics on the announcement I am going to use, so I can do the 2 face shots and the sis/bro pic, or one face shot, one sis/bro, and one body/diaper shot.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/nfowife/IMG_0086_01.jpg?t=1171310067
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/nfowife/IMG_0054_01.jpg?t=1171310073
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/nfowife/299_01.jpg?t=1171310098

kedss
02-12-2007, 02:59 PM
I like the first one with his sister the best, I personally like faceshots better than full body shot, but that's just me. :)

kozachka
02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Ethan is darling but I see why you are undersided. Of the pictures posted I like the first shot, with your DD, best. If only there were no adult hand there... My second favorite is of your DS sleeping, posted 2nd.

Tondi G
02-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I like shots one and two! I would say keep those two and shoot for a diaper shot or maybe baby hands/feet for the 3rd!

He is precious!

~Tondi

robinsonbn
02-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Adorable! I love the first one with his sister.

lizajane
02-12-2007, 06:46 PM
i think the photos capture wonderful expressions, but to be totally honest (and i am VERY picky about photos) i think they are rather grainy.

traciann
02-12-2007, 07:22 PM
oh the secod one is sooooo sweet. what a beautiful baby. you could try for a body shot to have something different to look at since you essentially have 2 pictures of just his face. but all great pictures. congratulations!

MommyAllison
02-12-2007, 07:24 PM
I agree, they are rather grainy. They are such adorable photos though! I like #1 & 2 the best, and would try to get a body/diaper shot for the third pic.

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

youngmommy
02-12-2007, 08:55 PM
I like shots 1 and 2.
I think it's ok if they're grainy so long as all 3 pics are consistant and it ends up looking artistic on paper.
If you just have really low resolution then I would just start over again.
In terms of dealing with shot #1 and the hand: I tried something in Picasa.

Ok... for some reason I can't figure out how to post pics anymore....
did something about the boards change with this whole recent server issue?

Anyway, what I did in Picasa was use the soft focus filter and center the soft focus part
right in between your DD and DS. It really looks cute.
You would have to use this as the center pic of your 3 pics on the card to balance it out though.

If you don't have Picasa you can get it free online.

In terms of a 3rd picture, I would artictically go for a close up hand or foot shot.
Make sure the closeup (aka "Macro") mode is selected on your camera for the shot in order to
make sure a closeup like that will be in focus.
The Macro focus button on my camera looks like a picture of a flower.

I will try to e-mail you the etdited pic I made in Picasa.

ShanaMama
02-12-2007, 11:09 PM
I love the first one with Alison. I also like the third because his eyes are open. They are all very nice- he's one beautiful baby.
I do think they're a little grainy, but it seems ok because of the black & white effect. (assuming it's supposed to be that way, right?)
If you were using them in color the graininess would be more obvious & not lend an artistic bend, which I think it does.

karolyp
02-13-2007, 09:30 AM
My favs are #1 and 2 (and he is just precious too!), but I agree they are a little grainy - but then again, that might look good too with the annoucement you have.

Bean606
02-13-2007, 09:43 AM
He is really cute, but I agree they are a little grainy. If you are using Shutterfly or one of those services, they will tell you if the resolution is not good enough, so maybe check there first. I LOVE the one with his sister!

bostonsmama
02-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Margaret, he is so beautiful! I love #2 the best, although #1 is quite precious. There's nothing like a sleeping baby...ya know... :)

We need some better smilies...that last one just doesn't capture the "awe" feeling you get.

lmwbasye
02-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Margaret,

Love #1 and #2. I think these look great. If you are using three, I would go for one mor shot, although I think face shots are great, so may even go with a head shot of Ethan awake if you can get one.

maestramommy
02-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Ackk! delete

maestramommy
02-13-2007, 05:02 PM
They're all so sweet! If you have space for 3 I'd put the one with eyes open in the center.

But I've seen announcements with only one big shot, in that case I would use the one with eyes closed. So precious!