PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone shopped at Tranquility Alley or www.tranquilityalley.com (Naperville, IL)

denna
02-14-2007, 02:08 AM
X-POST IN LAYETTE FORUM

I just ordered an Anne Geddes bunny suit for DS and this was the only place online that I could find it 'supposedly' in his size. The site is a little different then what I have used before. For product lists they have a picture of the product and they tell you the sizes and colors it is available in (on the left hand side) you can not select a size/color before adding to your cart. THEN when you enter your address you TYPE in the size and color. That seems a little shady to me.

Then I got an email the next day saying that my card had been charged and the product should ship in 10 days(!) I checked my bank and the debit card I used has already been charged even though the product hasnt shipped yet (to my knowledge). I tried sending the store an email and I havent gotten a response yet, when I tried calling there was no answer. On the email w/ the charge it said that there were no refunds w/ the store only exchanges or store credit. I am now feeling nervous about my purchase.

Does anyone have any experience w/ this place? I know there are some IL moms on here and this place is located in Naperville. In case this falls through anyone know where else I could find an Anne Geddes bunny suit in 12-18mo?

Thanks so much,

Denna

newmomto3kids
02-14-2007, 08:31 AM
I haven't shopped there, but I know that I got a brochure from them in my welcome wagon information when I moved to Naperville. They are located right in downtown Naperville which is a nice shopping district. I wouldn't worry too much about them being shady. If you have any more problems, you could drop me a line and maybe I could pop in there and try to sort it out.

chlobo
02-14-2007, 09:00 AM
I just noticed they have online chat. Perhaps you could try doing that during business hours?

denna
02-14-2007, 09:07 AM
You're in Naperville? We are planning on moving to the Chicago (Evanston area) later this year. DH has family in Naperville.

Thanks for the offer to stop in. I will try them later today and if I still have no luck I will let you know.

Thanks again,

Denna

denna
02-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks Carren, I didnt see that before I will give this a shot too.