PDA

View Full Version : Do you like your Toyota Highlander? 3rd row?

fate
02-15-2007, 06:43 PM
How useful is the 3rd row? How do carseats and boosters fit back there? Can you slide 2nd row seat forward to let kids into 3rd row w/o removing a booster in that 2nd row seat?

We have ruled out an Ody and Sienna bc they just seem too big for us. We want the good gas mileage of a 4 Cyl and will only have 2 carseats (2 DC's) most of the time. Ocassionally I may have to carpool. Will we regret not getting a van?

What about cargo space for a slim side by side double stroller with 3rd row up?

We are looking at the basic 2007 Highlander.

Thanks!

sidmand
02-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Not great. I think it will be okay to fit DS's friends when they're still fairly small, but an adult cannot fit back there without sitting sideways so I'm guessing that a carseat won't fit. A booster, maybe? Maybe someone else can chime in. We've only used it once when we were travelling with DS, my grandmother, my sister, DH, and myself. My sister sat in the third row. I couldn't find anyway to get in there without climbing over the second row of seats, but we do have DS's carseat in the second row. And there is very little cargo space with the third row of seats up. It is very narrow. I don't think our single stroller would've fit at all and don't think any double stroller would fit. Maybe the umbrella stroller would have fit.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

fate
02-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the response.
I am going to the dealer tonight to check it out again. I am afraid they will look at me with blank looks again when I ask carseat specifics.
I will also take a look at the Pilot. Hope we don't regret not getting a minivan.