PDA

View Full Version : Wording for Thank You Card needed.

mariza
02-17-2007, 06:17 PM
I need an all-inclusive "Thank You" sentiment for Alek's Baptism. I know generic Thank you's are not proper etiquitte, but with Alek having been in the hospital last week, giving him breathing treatments every 6 hours, me getting over pneumonia and DD dealing with a stomach bug, I really don't have the time or energy to write out 50+ individual cards. They are already late since the Baptism was early January.

Many people came and did not bring physical gifts, I don't want them to feel badly for sharing our day without bringing a present since being there was more than enough (many travelled to be here)
What do you think of:
"Thank you for your gift of love and for sharing our precious joy from above"

I lifted it off a website somewhere (blush), it has the general concept I'm looking for, but still doesn't feel quite right to me. Any suggestions on how to better tweak it? TIA!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

tarabenet
02-17-2007, 06:32 PM
It doesn't have to rhyme. It might be lovelier in prose. What are the words in your heart? Either on your own behalf or as if from Alek? "Thank you for sharing our joy at Alek's Baptism. The ceremony was fuller, the celebration happier, because you joined us. Your presence there, and along his lifelong journey, means so much to us." How's something like that? Make it your own, though. (Didn't steal it, no copyrights to worry about!)

Maybe you could print it on paper with a special image? Maybe his tiny handprint done in a soft shade?

Good luck!

mariza
02-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Thanks Tara, I'll keep working on it! I actually got beautiful photo cards done by www.babyjcards.com, I told her to use a generic "thank you", but on second thought it didn't seem right so before I approve my proof I wanted to get some suggestions on wording. I wanted to show off the proof here, I forgot we can't upload anymore :(

Deleted pic

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

KBecks
02-17-2007, 07:31 PM
It's not that late. I hope you all are feeling better now or very soon!

I think the phrase you've got is fine.... I don't spend a lot of time looking at thank you notes, and just receiving any thank you note is really nice. Go for it!

tarabenet
02-18-2007, 02:00 AM
I think that is beautiful! It is simple and warm, and Alek is precious. Thanks for sharing.

If those are your actual names, you may want to be careful to pull the link in a day or two, to protect your privacy.