PDA

View Full Version : Richmond area mamas...

LarsMal
02-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Where do you buy your baby gear??

I am getting ready to throw the kids in the car and drive up to NoVA or MD to go to Buy Buy Baby. The BRU around here STINKS! They don't have anything I need in stock, and their selection is poor. I also tried USA baby, but they were out of stock on what I was looking for, too.

errr...I miss Buy Buy Baby!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-19-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm not sure about the Richmond area, but if you do trek up to the NoVa/MD area, you should definately go to Great Beginnings. Everything you can ever need all in one store. It will be quite a trip to get there, but I don't think you would be disappointed.

Hope someone else can help with something closer!

octmom
02-19-2007, 11:36 AM
If you think Richmond doesn't have much to offer, C-ville has even less! The BRU in Richmond isn't great, but it is better than nothing. I've bought carseats online and many others things when we are out of town. I agree that Buy Buy Baby is much better than BRU. I went to the Buy Buy Baby in Springfield sometime last year when we were in NoVA and was pleasantly surprised to find a Trader Joe's right next door. Worth the trip! :)

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06

LarsMal
02-21-2007, 09:54 AM
I used to live 10 minutes from Great Beginnings. My entire family is in that area, so whenever I'm up there I always stop in!

LarsMal
02-21-2007, 09:56 AM
I know- C'ville does have less, but it such a beautiful place to live! It does have Bodo's though, and that could win out over not having good shopping!

elephantmeg
02-21-2007, 10:33 AM
lol and Harrisonburg is even worse-we lost our only TRU and so we're down to Target or Walmart. MIL is actually headed to Short Pump today (on her way to a Dr's appointment) to buy DS's b-day present!

Sillygirl
02-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Online shopping, baby. It sounds like you already know what you want. You should be able to find good deals and I can usually find free shipping even on big items like strollers.

Sillygirl
02-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Online shopping, baby. It sounds like you already know what you want. You should be able to find good deals and I can usually find free shipping even on big items like strollers.

LarsMal
02-21-2007, 01:37 PM
I guess I shouldn't complain too much then! If only they'd put a Buy Buy Baby in Short Pump- my life would be complete!

LarsMal
02-21-2007, 01:37 PM
I guess I shouldn't complain too much then! If only they'd put a Buy Buy Baby in Short Pump- my life would be complete!

kcimato
02-21-2007, 02:50 PM
There's a Baby to Teen in the Fredricksberg area. That's a tad closer. Mainly furniture and baby gear.

octmom
02-21-2007, 07:47 PM
This is true. Several of cashiers at the Bodo's on the Corner know me by order. What can I say, I work down the street. ;)