PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for gift basket for OB/dr?

bubbaray
02-20-2007, 10:04 PM
I want to take gift baskets to my OB and also my peri and RE (so, three baskets).

I was going to do Green & Blacks organic chocolates, fruit, cheese. Any other ideas?

Anyone here a dr or work for a dr's office -- what do you like to receive? The RE and peri's offices are in hospitals, so I don't want much that has to be refridgerated and I don't think alcohol would be proper there either.

TIA
Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

MommyAllison
02-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Pre-DD I worked for a veterinary hospital, and we always LOVED receiving food gifts from clients. :) I think that your idea sounds wonderful. Things that are easy to eat quickly are nice, like chocolates, if you just have a second between appointments, etc. We were given a giant eight layer dip with tortilla chips every Christmas and it was always looked forward to. I agree that alcohol is not very appropriate - though I guess there is a vast difference between a six pack of beer (which we were given once, actually...) and a nice bottle of wine or champagne. I'd go with your original plan. :)

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

SAHMIL
02-21-2007, 10:21 AM
How about a fruit arrangement from Edible Arrangements? They have interesting things they do (flowers, etc.) with fruit! And the doctor(s) and his/her staff can pick away at it all day. This is especially good for a group practice.

http://www.ediblearrangements.com/

bubbaray
02-21-2007, 10:48 AM
That was my first thought. They don't deliver to this area, though I could go pick it up.... I'd like to avoid that, as its about a 2hr round trip, that I don't relish with a newborn.... Beautiful arrangements though!

Melissa

bubbaray
02-21-2007, 10:49 AM
a 6-pack. Why didn't I think of that?! ;)

Melissa