PDA

View Full Version : good hair days and other joys to share

lizajane
02-21-2007, 07:54 PM
i am having the BEST hair day with my new haircut!! what is your joy of the day that is not kid related???

JMS
02-21-2007, 07:59 PM
I won a lamp I've been hunting for YEARS for on ebay... it's scheduled to arrive on the 23rd !!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

JFC
02-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Yahoo! Good hair days ROCK! And, what a gorgeous day for a gorgeous hair day! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

ETA: CONGRATS on the weight loss! That is awesome - you go girl!

psophia17
02-21-2007, 08:52 PM
A letter came Monday - DH is approved to be my sponsor, and my eligibility for Cdn residency has been approved, pending a chest x-ray, which I couldn't get b/c I was pg with DS2 at the time. I had the x-ray this morning.

According to the doctor (when I picked up the req for the x-ray), he thinks the next thing I get in the mail will be my permanent residence card.

My face hurts from smiling so much :D

torontomom
02-21-2007, 09:23 PM
deleted...

ellies mom
02-21-2007, 09:25 PM
My joy of the day isn't kid related in the sense that I wasn't with my child. Does that count? Today is my sneak off campus and have coffee all by myself day. I don't even care about the extra calories even though I'm trying to lose weight. Sure, I study but it is just me and I love it.

I understand the sheer joy that comes with a great haircut. I have a new stylist that I just love. I finally feel like I recognize the person in the mirror.

KrisM
02-21-2007, 10:37 PM
My house is clean. I have a small part-time job to make just enough to pay for a house cleaner. I love it. This was only the second time. I love that I have more time to do things other than clean.

Glad you're having a good hair day!

jenjenfirenjen
02-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Oooh, good hair days rock.

I am in love with my new MAC Longwear Lipstick. It stays ON ALL F'ING DAY! FOR REALS! Death warmed over look, be gone.

ellies mom
02-22-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm glad you like the stuff.

JoyNChrist
02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
DH just informed me that he got a transfer and will finally not be working sixty gazillion hours a week. So I might actually feel like I'm married again!

CiderLogan
02-22-2007, 01:43 PM
It's 70 degrees and sunny here in GA today, and I'm loving it! DD2 is wearing her first Naartjie outfit to the first time, which I've been looking forward to (oops, that's kid-related). But I am wearing capris & sandals for the first time this year, AND I finally painted my toenails for the occasion -- yay for spring!!

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

thomma
02-22-2007, 04:41 PM
I got an A in the grad.course I took. Go me! :)

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

Marisa6826
02-22-2007, 04:55 PM
I got my cast off!! Woo hoo! I've been in and out of casts since AUGUST after two consecutive surgeries.

Of course, I'm now 'moulting', but boy, did it feel good to scratch!!

-m

ellies mom
02-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Whooo Hooo!!!!! That must be a great feeling.

scout123
02-22-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm in the market for a new lip color. I have MAC lipglass and love that stuff so I would like to try more MAC but I have no idea what colors to order.
Angie

ellies mom
02-22-2007, 11:36 PM
My every day colour is Unchanging. It is really natural looking. Kind of what you wish your lips looked like without lipstick. I wear it with Whirl lipliner (just a touch put on after the colour instead of before like normal) and then the gloss.

tarynsmum
02-23-2007, 08:29 AM
three little words:

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES

nuff said :D

daniele_ut
02-23-2007, 08:37 AM
My job, which I knew was a temporary full time 5 year position when I took it, was converted to PERMANENT FULL TIME status today!!!!!!!!

denna
02-23-2007, 09:27 AM
SO much good news! Congrats on the weight loss Liza and the great hair cut!

Great hair days rock...though have been few and far between for me I must say :).

And I'm going to have to try that lip color previously mentioned, Im always interested in a good color :).

As for me (drum roll please)....DH's seperation (from the military) was approved and we will be heading back to the US (not sure where yet still ISO of jobs) this September! (YAY!!!)

So so excited!

Bethann31
02-23-2007, 10:10 AM
I love, love, love my new job AND I talked to my broker and even though they don't allow part-time agents, she is going to let me continue working as a Real Estate agent in the office!!

And, it's my BIRTHDAY!!

Beth

lizajane
02-23-2007, 07:29 PM
happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!

i LOVE all this good news!!! i have chills. really. :)

jenjenfirenjen
02-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I got the MAC Pro Longwear in "For Keeps." It's a pretty pink. I have very fair skin and auburn hair. My eyes are my best feature so I tend to play those up and leave my lips neutral. But no lipstick was making me look dead. This is just enough color to balance everything out.

Marisa6826
02-23-2007, 07:59 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Beth!!!

-m

LD92599
02-23-2007, 09:03 PM
I got two of the three non-working lightbulbs changed tonight. Of course the 3rd one is the light over the front door :-( OK that's for another forum!

Laura
Mom to Will

http://b4.lilypie.com/BhyBm5.png

scout123
02-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Nordstrom has a spend $40 on MAC and get free shipping deal going on so I ordered For Keeps and Unchanging! I also ordered Passion-it got great reviews on MakeupAlley. Thanks ladies-I can't wait to try out the colors!
Angie

Wife_and_mommy
02-24-2007, 12:22 AM
I got new jeans!! I ordered them online last week and it got cancelled but I found them in-store tonight. I'm so excited about not having to squeeze a belt on to keep my pants up.

I also love all the expensive clothes I'm buying for dirt cheap with the great sales going on.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] x 2

I love them most when they are sleeping.--Me
http://b3.lilypie.com/UnbPm4.png
http://b2.lilypie.com/AzrMm5.png

kijip
02-24-2007, 03:35 AM
My boss took my asked for raise and up-ed it by more than I asked for. Given that I asked for more than I thought I would get, it was a pretty nice surprize. I can cut my hours enough to have a whole day with my child and still take home the same paycheck after the new assistant is all trained up. :) Oh and my work is giving me an allowance towards my college costs. Woohoo.