PDA

View Full Version : Lost watchers....Help I am soo confused!

robinsonbn
02-22-2007, 12:22 AM
I haven't missed an episode, but I am still "Lost" pun intended. If anyone can give me recaps in their own words I may be able to catch on. I mean the whole Others not living on that Island but Living on the castaways Island...or do they not....I am just confused...who are they! Help.

BaileyBea
02-22-2007, 01:37 AM
I am a little lost too! no pun intended.

I am almost at the Twin Peaks point and the X-Files point where I just don't care anymore.

Humph!

Nancy

Emmas Mom
02-22-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't really think they've explained it yet. We're all "lost". I'm getting a "The Village" vibe from the whole thing. Like Henry grew up on one of the islands (don't think it's the Other's island nor the Castaway's island after last night when they got on the yacht at the end) and somehow brings people into his little life of seclusion. He said last night Ethan was a surgeon. I'm guessing the Others are there by choice or blackmail or what have you. It's still really confusing & frustrating to watch & it keeps changing so I'm probably totally wrong anyway! :P

LarsMal
02-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm confused- When Henry told Juliet she could go "home" did he mean home to the other island or *home* home? When the season started way back and they saw the plane crash they were in their "town" (the one with backyards) so they haven't been on "work island" for three years. But then Juliet said to Jack something about going to the island Henry calls home, so that totally confused me (unless Henry didn't specify which home Juliet could go to, so he tricked her). Who knows!

The way I see it now- they work on the small island, and their little town is on the big island, with the Losties. It sounds like maybe they don't do much work these days since they don't like being on the small island- I'm sure something happened there.

I just hope they clarify soon. There is too much going on and not enough answers. I've never missed an episode either, but I'm really getting tired of it all.

On another note...Grey's keeps talking about a "devastating conclusion". Are they killing Meredith or not?

hcsl
02-22-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm not someone who has read all the Lost websites- this is just what I think I have gathered from watching:

The Others live on a separate island- not the one they 'work' on, and not the one the gang lives on. Most of them are there by choice. They recruited Juliet to work with them, as we saw last week, which she reluctantly did, but it sounds like she has been there much longer (3 years) than they promised her she would be. I haven't decided if I think they are starting their own utopia/society, or if they are doing something else.

BaileyBea
02-22-2007, 06:54 PM
On the Grey thing.. you know they are not going to kill her because the show is called "GREYS Anatomy" for Meredith Grey.

Urrrr!!!!!! They bug me.. she's kinda bugging me too. I say just kill her off. <grin>

Kinda kidding... kinda not! Couldn't they do this at the end of the 5th or 7th season. It seems too early to start killing off the main characters. I don't even look forward to watching tonight.

Nancy

overcome
02-22-2007, 10:08 PM
>I am almost at the Twin Peaks point and the X-Files point
>where I just don't care anymore.

ITA

linsei
02-22-2007, 10:18 PM
ITA, I haven't missed any episodes either, and I am annoyed with them adding more confusion with each episode. I like suspense, but I like to be able to figure things out eventually ;)

I recall that they promised to answer 3 pressing questions, but I can only think of 2 that they answered, and they were not things I really cared about...
1. the meaning of Jack's tatoo
2. where the Others live
3. ?!?

I just realized that maybe the 3rd question was supposed to be what they did with the kids? I still don't really feel like that was answered. The "better life" answer didn't cut it for me.

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

LarsMal
02-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Ugh...totally saw that coming- Ellis' dying. I thought it was going to be even more ridiculous, though, and they would end up doing some sort of organ transplant from Ellis to Meredith.

I hope Grey's gets back on track. This is not the show I fell in love with. It's getting to silly and "ER-ish" for me!

robinsonbn
02-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks everyone first let me comment on the Grey's thing...is it bad that I didn't find the ending that devistating? I mean the whole mom storyline was getting kinda...I don't know how to put it. I did start crying with everything that was going on with Christina. I figured they wouldn't kill her, isnt killing off a main character like a curse for a show, I did think they would drag it out more like possibly with a Coma or something.
Now to Lost...I think I am kinda getting it a bit better, they did show the children last week. I think it is getting...I dunno, i didn't even know the meaning of Jacks tatoo's were a big deal, Also I am super upset they haven't shown Sun or Jin...the last time we saw them Sun was shooting someone...kinda a big deal to just forget about! Also, what happened to Rose and Bernard? I think the show is almost to confusing and has "Lost" something. I was watching season 1 the other day and it was just...better. Thankyou guys for your insights though, I was very frustrated with confusion. One more thing...isn't Alex Ruso's daughter...they say ben is her father wonder if that could be something?

linsei
02-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't think Alex is *really* Ben's dtr. I think Russeau (sp?) shipwrecked on the island with a team of scientists (including her husband?). Alex was taken as an infant, so Ben probably just assumed the role of her father. Which leads me to another gripe... why haven't the losties figured out that Alex is her dtr yet? (I mean sheesh, her name hasn't changed, she's the right age, she looks like her mom - duh!)

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

julieakc
02-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Which leads me to another gripe... why haven't the losties figured out that Alex is her dtr yet? (I mean sheesh, her name hasn't changed, she's the right age, she looks like her mom - duh!)

>Linda

Exactly! If I recall correctly didn't Kate have an encounter with Alex when she went to the other hatch to look for the medicine for Claire's baby? I also seem to recall that she even told Rousseau that she had seen her daughter....so Kate should know who Alex is!

Something that I think would really help the show is if they indicated what day it is. I mean the show has been on for a long time, but as far as time on the island it's really only been amaybe 3 months...but when you're watching you tend to forget that. They should indicate "Day X" at the beginning of the episode (and any day changes in the episode)....kind of like how 24 counts down the day.

Fairy
02-23-2007, 09:58 PM
K, finally chiming in, here. Super annoyed with Lost, but Can't. Look. Away. Here's my take on all this.

Juliet was coerced to come to the island, as they killed her ex-husband by having him be hit by a bus. I believe that Ethan made that happen and was able to make things happen mentally. I believe she has always been an unwilling participant but eventually agreed to do things as they strung her along, just line Benry did when he told her she could go home ... then she didn't.

Remember when they had that come to Jesus "meeting" with the Others still in costume, and big scruffy dude said, "this line, this line you do not cross?" I think the other side of that line is where the backyards are.

I think this thing is all in bed with Widmore, which was the name on the pee test, on bilboards, and part of Jin & Sun's backstory, tho I forget why. I also think it's no accident that the guy in the training film is Asian, even if it was the '70's.

Of course, Alex is Rousseau's daughter. She said she was part of a scientific team, and either she and Benry were once married and had Alex and then Benry went all I Am God on her and took Alex (so now she says that he's "dead") or she was married to some other dude, and cuz Alex was a child, Ben took her.

Give me more Hurley or I will die.

Do not forget about the leg of that statue whose foot had only four toes. That's a big deal. I dunno what the big deal is, but it's a big hairy deal.

I said it before, and I really think there's a daddy theme going here. Almost every single character has daddy issues or lack of a daddy.

Ok, so here's an interesting thought. What if time travel is involved here? What if time stops or something on the island? Desmond was in the hatch, and he did the key thing, and the next thing he knew, he was back with Penny. What if his flashback he really DID experience as a time traveller? What if they ALL do, but only he gets it? What if he's Dr. Sam Becket, and the jeweler is some slightly more sinister version of Dean Stockwell with his little gizmo keeping him in line? Or something. Just a thought.

My head hurts.