PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE Bonnie's (sbjf) idea for an Easter Basket!! Love it!!

Corie
02-22-2007, 02:32 PM
I remember reading an old post by Bonnie (sbjf) about her fabulous idea
for an original Easter Basket. I thought it was so awesome!!

Bonnie had suggested getting a custom tote bag made from LL Bean (or Land's End)
to use as your child's Easter Basket. Great idea! :)

Here is a link to her original post.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=37&topic_id=302864&mesg_id=302864&listing_type=search

Bonnie's idea is so incredible that it really had to be posted again!!

Thanks so much, Bonnie!! I love your idea!! :)

Corie
02-22-2007, 02:37 PM
I plan on getting a custom tote bag made for each of my kids. I think a tote
bag would be alot easier to handle at Easter Egg Hunts, especially when the kids
are running around. (The baskets can be too big and bulky to run with.)

I will save their special Longaberger Easter baskets for the Easter Bunny. This
is the basket that I use to fill up with their Easter goodies.

Thanks again, Bonnie!! I love your idea!! :)

ctmom
02-22-2007, 07:15 PM
the canvas ones with pink trim are in the overstocks section on landsend.com...

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

Corie
02-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks, Mary!

BaileyBea
02-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh did you see that Garnet Hill has some:

http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?itemID=13465&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C2773%2C5860%2C9391&iProductID=13465

They are so cute!

Nancy

Emmas Mom
02-24-2007, 11:00 AM
I loved this idea & got both our DD's bright pink & purple ones that are monogramed. I love them & cannot wait to use them this year! :D

Corie
02-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Would love to see a picture!! :)

teachermommy
02-25-2007, 10:15 AM
I noticed that LL Bean has some really cute colorburst totes right now. However, they only come in mini and medium. Would the mini be too small for a 4 yo and a 7 yo to gather their eggs in? I have never seen these in person, so would love any personal comments/advice. Thanks.

teachermommy
02-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Bump

Corie
03-20-2007, 02:30 PM
I had planned on ordering the small size. But, with the move to our new house,
I have completely forgotten to do this!

Maybe someone else has some personal experience and can help us!!

B.A.F.
03-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey!! I love my old idea, too, but I never did follow through with it for my gang and we still do not have Easter baskets here! I might have to get cracking on this.

Thanks for the reminder. :-)

traciann
03-20-2007, 08:53 PM
i use the small lands end bag for dd's diaper bag, and I use the medium one for my book bag for school. I think the medium might be too big to use for gathering eggs...

chrissyhowie
03-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I just got my order from LLBean a few days ago. The mini size totes are the perfect size for the kids to gather eggs. I got all three kiddos the same color, the lime/sky blue. The girls' monograms I had done in rose thread, and DS's in the light blue (the default color). If you want an alternate thread color for the monogram, you just have to call in your order versus placing it on line. I am really, really excited that we have them. Thank you to Bonnie for the original idea and to Corie for reposting about it!

bubbaray
03-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Just wanted to chime in that I got DD#1 the LL Bean Zinnia Boat & Tote Bag in wild orchid/lime in the Mini size. It is super cute, but not as good quality workmanship as the LE totes or what the LL Bean totes *used* to be like. The stitching isn't great and it just feels, well, cheaper. Still cute though. It is definitely a great size for egg hunting!

HTH

ETA link: http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=zinnia-boat-and-tote-bag&categoryId=49411&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=5236&cat4=3153&shop_method=pp&feat=5236-tn

http://tinyurl.com/y7f5ae

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

inmypjs
03-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi, thought I'd add that I ordered a LE small zippered tote for my son in navy, with a navy monogram. The dimensions are slightly larger than the LL Bean mini, I believe. I think it's really cute and seems super durable. Quite honestly I don't know if I'll use this for Easter every year or if it is just his present for this year. But either way it's a great size for gathering eggs or for him to put a few things in when we go places, like church, friends, etc. I know he will be super excited to have his own bag too!

B.A.F.
03-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks ladies, I'm gonna go with the mini size, too. We all need to take pics with them stuffed with all the eggs and goodies, then post them here to see how they all look!

Corie
03-24-2007, 08:54 AM
I would love to see pictures!! :)

Emmas Mom
03-24-2007, 10:40 AM
AH!! I never even saw this until right now. Sorry! I will get them out & post pictures. I got the mini ones & think they're a good size for an easter egg hunt & to put some gifts in. Granted I don't plan to get the girls a LOT of stuff so I think this is a great size for us. Plus, I think the bags are cute & when they're a bit older & maybe not so into the whole "Easter basket" thing they will have cute bags to use. I did the "design your own" bags in bright pink & purple (can't remember the exact color names).

B.A.F.
03-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Even though you didn't ask I have to show off this pic of my three in their Easter outfits. I'll post pics of the baskets after we get them!

Well...I was going to post a pic, but I can't figure out how now! Did something change? Here is a link to the pics instead: http://www.babyfriedrich.com/gallery/portrait-innovations?page=4

Corie
03-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Great pictures of your kids!! They look adorable! :)

Let us know how you like your Easter baskets...

Emmas Mom
03-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Ok, I'm feeling like a complete moron at the moment....why can't I figure out how to add the pictures???? There's nothing that gives me the option to "click to choose your files". What am I doing wrong?!

Corie
04-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Kristine,

Did you get the mini-size or small-size tote bag??

For some reason, I thought you had ordered the small size.

How do you like them?? :)

Emmas Mom
04-02-2007, 11:31 PM
They were the small ones, I had to pull them out to look. My post above was wrong. Sorry, I thought I put that in my e-mail. I have them hidden again. Emma kept wanting to play with hers & dang it...I want to keep them pretty for Easter! lol ;)

Corie
04-03-2007, 01:21 PM
I love your Easter totebags! They turned out fabulous!! :)

I am partial to the 'small' size as well. I think it will hold more stuff especially
as the kids get bigger.

I think there is a free shipping code floating around somewhere in the Bargains
section. So, I might go ahead and order them now.

Thanks again for the email !! :)

Corie
04-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Just curious how the Easter Totebags went over with your kids!!

Were they a big hit? :)

B.A.F.
04-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Mine were a perfect choice for us! We had the minis, and though I, er, the Easter Bunny, couldn't fit lots of big stuff in them they were the perfect size for my little ones to hunt with. I have lots of cute pics that I will share as soon as dh downloads them for me. I'll post ASAP!

Corie
04-10-2007, 07:00 AM
That is so awesome! :)

You really need to send this idea to Family Fun magazine. I bet they would totally
publish your idea and a picture of your kids with the totebags. And, I think they
pay you $50 for your ideas.

Heck, if I were you, I would probably write to LL Bean too and share your idea with
them. You might get your letter printed in the catalog! :)

Can't wait to see the pictures!! :)

B.A.F.
04-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks, I will do that, great ideas! I'll let you know if I hear anything. I'll post pics tonight.

B.A.F.
04-11-2007, 10:07 PM
I guess we can't post pics here any longer, I do not see any buttons for that. Here is the link to them on our website. http://www.babyfriedrich.com/gallery/the-kids/CIMG0542

Just click on the top right arrow key to go forward from pic 72 to see the other Easter pics. They were hunting for eggs at my moms house and had a blast. It was such a fun Easter! I was egg-shausted on Monday, and Tuesday!

There are some earlier pics of the bags wrapped in celophane, pre opening here: http://www.babyfriedrich.com/gallery/the-kids/IMG_3780

Ceepa
04-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Those are seriously the cutest little totes. They make perfect Easter collecting bags.

Though the kids are even more adorable. :)

-Ceepa

Corie
04-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Bonnie,

Thanks so much for sharing your Easter pictures!! Looks like the kids had
a great time!!

And, I LOVE your Easter bags!! :) The bags are so adorable! I will definitely
have the totebags for my kids next year!!!