PDA

View Full Version : Ebay question- your definition of excellent

MomtoNico
02-22-2007, 05:47 PM
I rec'd a package of clothes today that should have been in excellent used condition. But the Jeans were frayed on the bottom of the pant legs and some of the clothing had stains. I understand they are used but i have clothes that my DS wears and they are in prefect condition and some others are play clothes.

The lady said I could return the clothes and get a refund. Not sure if it means shipping too. I am so aggravated since I am out the shipping back to her. When I told her I was disappointed she said they were USED. Duh. Then don't say excellent. Can you tell I am aggrevated.

Do you consider frayed jeans excellent? I am afraid to give her negative feedback since she will probably give me negative feedback.

kayte
02-22-2007, 06:06 PM
I am sorry this has happened. I would not consider stained or frayed clothes in excellent condition. If I were you I would be very clear why you are leaving feedback--such as 'smooth monetary transaction and communication but items were not as described. Items listed as excellent but were stained and frayed' - That way if she decides to respond she can defend her definition of the condition and if she wants to leave you negative feedback you already covered the transaction part so what can she say?

HTH

VClute
02-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Hmm... did the pictures show the hems? If the seller didn't specify, then "excellent" is always up for interpretation. I never bid unless the person is a member of the CCBoard, and uses their clothing guideline, OR the person spells out what you will and will not find on the outfit. EX: I've inspected this widget and there are no stains, holes, loose buttons or stitching. There is some wash-fade, but no pilling.

You are more than likely going to be out the return shipping. Nothing in Ebays policies say that the seller has to pay for return shipping when there is a return. Does it state the seller will refund return shipping in the terms of sale?

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

maestramommy
02-22-2007, 10:20 PM
To me excellent means exactly that, no stains, rips or frays, and not much faded if at all. I mean, I would expect they'd look like they'd been worn and washed, but what you describe is nowhere near excellent.

julieakc
02-23-2007, 02:37 AM
No...I definitely wouldn't consider frayed jeans and stains excellent. When I list clothes I never even use excellent for used stuff. For me it's either NWT (for things we never got around to using), like new (worn 1-2 times, which I state - and this would mean no stains, tears, etc.), washed but not worn (again, things we didn't get around to using), then I drop down to very good or good depending on how much the items were worn. I rarely include things with stains, unless they are very small and/or faint and then I describe them. I typically group clothes into lots so if everything else is in good shape I will include 1-2 items that have small/faint stains (again, I disclose them) if they are in otherwise good shape.

It sucks that someone would really think anyone would consider fraying and stains excellent.

Sorry this happened to you.