PDA

View Full Version : has anyone here had...

bcky2
02-23-2007, 09:06 AM
an Endometrial ablation or know someone who has? I am having the Novasure procedure done at the end of march and just wanted to know what some others have had experience wise. i have been having some female problems for a while now, well they have tested me for a bunch of things and i looks like i just suffer from menorrhagia and this should take care of all thoes issues and all the pain i am having because of it. it is a really fast and easy outpatient procedure with no incisions at all so very quick recovery time. i guess even thought it is safe and not invasive i am still a tiny bit worried about having it done, i will be put to sleep for it. so any advice from anyone that has btdt? compared to the fact my other option is a hysterectomy i think this is a better choice for me right now. i guess now that my valium has worn off that i had to take yesterday for a biopsy i am a bit more worried. i would love to hear of any stories of yours or of people that you know that has had this done. TIA!

megs4413
02-23-2007, 12:30 PM
my aunt had one several months ago and is doing fine. i think she's totally happy with it. and it didn't seem to cause her much "down time" at all....i think it sounds like a great option in your situation. i'm sorry you have to go through it, though!

2zeke
02-23-2007, 03:07 PM
My sister had it done in December. It was a month after she had a heart attack, so she was considered a higher risk patient and needed to have it done at the hospital. It went fine. She went to an out of town basketball tournament as soon as she was discharged (a friend drove). She was having non stop heavy bleading prior to the procedure (for 3-4 weeks), and it solved that problem.

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

Fairy
02-23-2007, 05:38 PM
My friend just had this done in the fall. She was in misery for a while, and this was what they recommended. She says it's the best decision she ever made; feeling so much better, she's thrilled. I know very little about this, but she says you can't have kids after, so you need to be 100% done. Good luck, Becky!

FiveLittleDucks
02-24-2007, 12:02 PM
I have a friend who had it done a year or two ago, and she raves about it to anyone who will listen. She couldn't be happier with the results.

bcky2
02-24-2007, 06:58 PM
thank you all for your answers. i was just worried about the results and if i would be happy with them and what to expect after as they have a range of what results people get. it seems that everyone i talk to loves their results so that helps put my mind at rest.