PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Couches??? IKEA, LL BEAN???

annasmom
02-23-2007, 12:50 PM
We want to buy an inexpensive couch (or 2) for our basement, possibly a sectional. I was thinking about getting one from IKEA, but then saw some inexpensive furniture in a LL Bean catlog too. Does anyone have any other recommendations, or experience with LL Bean furniture. I have had IKEA couches in the past (although years ago) so I am somewhat familiar with what I would be getting if we went that route. I REALLY do not want to spend a lot of money on these couches, definitely not more than 1k total. Thanks!!

robinsonbn
02-23-2007, 01:28 PM
No experience. However, You may want to try JCPenny outlet. They usually have tons of furniture for really cheap prices. The down side is you can't order custom colors or anything but they are really good couches.

boolady
02-23-2007, 01:45 PM
My parents do not have any upholstered LL Bean furniture, but they have some wood pieces (tv room end table, computer table) which are very nice. FWIW, the duvet cover and sheet set in our guest room are from LL Bean, and I'm very pleased with the quality, so my experiences with their home items have been positive. HTH.

FiveLittleDucks
02-24-2007, 12:00 PM
We have the Ektorp couch and loveseat from Ikea. We got it in the beige color. I love these for several reasons. The couches are actually slip-covered, and the entire cover can come off, not just the cushions. The covers fit extremely snug, so they don't ever shift around. Also, the slipcovers wash like iron. We've had these couches for over a year, and I've washed the covers no less than 5 times. They look just as good as when we bought them, and with 5 kids, that's saying a whole lot. These things have been barfed on, peed on, pooped on, etc. They've taken some serious abuse.

And the last thing I love about them is that you can buy different color slip covers for them for cheap. I'm wanting to get the red slipcovers soon. I can't find them on the website right now.

Here's the link:
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15585&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&productId=10962&langId=-1&categoryId=15945&chosenPartNumber=S99805844

You probably know this, but there's a whole Ektorp series that includes chairs, ottoman, and other stuff. Okay, I sound like a total commercial, but there you have it.

MamaMolly
02-25-2007, 10:24 PM
We are looking for a couch too, and I got the LL Bean catalog this week. I read that the frame of the upholstered ones are some kind of rigid foam? I don't imagine that it would last that long.
HTH,
Molly