PDA

View Full Version : Harness anyone?

chiqanita
02-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Considering this for my very energetic 2.5 y.o. twin sons. They are big boys and it doesn't look like I'm going to get them into our double stroller for very much longer. Anyone try this, have this, know someone who has?

TIA

http://the-baby-boutique.com/harnessbuddy.html

Momof3Labs
02-27-2007, 08:21 AM
You can get these for 1/2 to 1/3 that price at Target. They've been discussed a lot on Around the House, I think.

It might work for you, but they might just get all tangled up in each other all the time, too.

elliput
02-27-2007, 08:27 AM
I have the puppy harness (picked up at Target for $10). DD likes wearing it as she knows that she is going to be able to have a bit of freedom, and I like having her wear it as I know she can't get too far from me. When she is wearing it, I spend most of my time following her around as she is not interested in staying with me yet. There are quite a few other Mama's here who have them.

randomkid
02-27-2007, 09:47 AM
We also have one from Target - only $10 there! Like Erica, I spend my time following DD when she is wearing this. I do like it, but honestly can only use it when I don't care where she goes. If I have limited time and a goal in mind, it doesn't work too well. I have to use a stroller at those times.

If you get them at Target, I think it's worth the money. I'd never pay $28 for it, though!

The Review Mommy
02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Yep, we have them too. Got them at walmart (we have the monkey and a doggy) for $10 each. Target has the Eddie Bauer version which looks a bit different. You should find them in the baby section of both stores.

We love ours but I agree with the PP. I bought one for my SIL to use with her DS and was horrified to watch her using it with her son. DS was looking around and in his own world and then she would tugg on the tail and he ended up falling on the ground crying. She was treating it like it was a dog leash! You just can't use it like that. It's wonderful when you don't feel like holding their hands and giving them some free play even in a crowded area. PP is right you are "folowing" DC around. So, it may or may not work for you. I'm not sure what would for your situation.

Rebekah

tarabenet
02-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Aubrey loves hers! Hers, from Target, looks like a puppy. She likes to "get puppy hugs". It is definitely not a way to "control" the child. It is a way to keep him/her out of danger, without dragging the poor child around by the wrist. I like it in the parking lot, for instance, so I can be sure she doesn't run out into traffic, or at the mall, so she doesn't make am ad dash for the exacalators or whatever. It wouldn't keep your little boys from, say, grabbing everything off the shelves in the store, but it would be a way to have one hand free to fish your keys out of your purse, instead of tying up both hands holding onto their hands.

bluestar2
02-27-2007, 05:50 PM
I tried this with my twins when they were 2 1/2 and it didn't work for us. They refused to walk with them on because they didn't like being restrained so they would just sit down and refuse to walk! It didn't help that one would pull in one direction and the other in another direction. I think it depends on the child since some don't seem to mind. It's worth a try if you can get them inexpensively at Target or Walmart.