PDA

View Full Version : travel question

psophia17
02-28-2007, 06:13 PM
It looks like my immigration will finally be done soon...no telling exactly when, but DH has been approved to sponsor me, and my application was accepted as well, pending my chest x-ray, which didn't get done because I was pg with DS2 at the time I had the rest of my medical...

So now I'm trying to figure out the flight to NY.

Does anyone know which airlines have half fares for kids? Both boys will have seats for sure, and we're flying either Vancouver-Albany, NY, or Seattle-Albany, NY, hopefully in June, and staying for a minimum of 3 weeks.

Maybe there's a travel agent here who can help?

TIA!!!

Momof3Labs
02-28-2007, 07:26 PM
You won't find a half price fare for N; he's full fare. Infants used to be half price on many airlines, but a lot of them (including United and American) changed that late last year, making infants full fare now.

JBaxter
02-28-2007, 07:33 PM
YOu can look for an infant fair but you may find it cheeper if you just seached the net yourself.
CHeck out expedia or travelocity

wendmatt
02-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Last year we flew to UK with Delta and I got a reduced rate for DD, who was 3 at the time. I had to call them directly and ask them to sort out the adjusted fare and had to pay $10 for them book it over the phone and not online but it was maybe one quarter or one third off (cant remember exactly).

table4three
03-01-2007, 10:50 AM
United stopped half price infant fares. American is spotty - we've flown about 4 times this year and on one trip we were able to get the half off. According to the ticketing agent, only certain "fares" and flights allow it. I would call them and see.

http://b2.lilypie.com/K-PVm6/.png

juliasmom05
03-01-2007, 11:04 AM
We just got a half-price seat for DD on Northwest last month. I know you can fly from Seattle to Albany on NW. I'm not sure whether you can from Vancuover. With NW, I know you can book a child's fare online. Some of the other airlines require you to call to get that price.

Marci

karolyp
03-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Check out this site: http://www.itasoftware.com/

I don't think you can buy from them, but you can see how much airfare is going to cost you. Overall, it's great site for research.