PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone work for Head Start?

JustMe
03-01-2007, 01:00 AM
I am considering a position with them and would love to ask you a question.

TIA,
Robyn
mommy to a 4 yr old from Guatemala

mommyto4
03-01-2007, 01:18 AM
I have never worked for them but, I know a few people that have adne they love/loved it. They told me that Head Start was great to work for. Hopefully someone will chime in that has worked for them.

JustMe
03-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Thanks, Melinda.

Robyn
mommy to a 4 yr old from Guatemala

crayonblue
03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
I volunteered for Head Start for a couple of years and LOVED it! In my opinion, it's one of the best programs out there.

JustMe
03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks, Lana

Robyn
single mommy to a 4 yr old from Guatemala

kransden
03-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Really it just depends. My neighbor worked for them as a director and hated it. It was filled with politics. It was through a church, and the sneaky underhanded things they did were unbelivable. He eventually sued and won. The feds are now investigating them. That said, a few of the subs jobs I had interacted with Head Start teachers. They all seem like warm and caring people that love their job. So my advice is to see how the people interact with each other. Are the kids, staff etc. happy? Trust your gut!

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kdeunc
03-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I second that it really depends. My sister taught for Head Start in N.C. for a couple of years and loved the kids, couldn't stand the management (pretty incompetent). I also am involved in early childhood and have seen some other not so great Head Start programs in other areas of NC. I used to work with a lady who worked with Head Start in Connecticut and loved it and it was very well run. Good luck, I think it is generally a great program.

kcimato
03-03-2007, 07:55 PM
We have a Head Start program at the school where I teach. The teacher and her assistant are county employees just like everyone else. The HS program is run through our county school system.