PDA

View Full Version : ISO suggestions for Cream for post-swimming

jamsmu
03-03-2007, 08:32 PM
We're taking indoor swim classes and there must be so much chlorine in the water. Plus, we're in a "therapy" pool--super warm. And its still in the 40s outside. After class, Wesley is so dry I can see lines in his face. And his ears have started to peel (which is hereditary in my family.) So, I'm looking for suggestions for a cream to bring to the club with me.

lizajane
03-03-2007, 09:25 PM
i started using the aveno oatmeal something something something itch relief lotion for babies or kids or something. i found it with baby stuff at target. schuyler has had very dry skin this winter and it is very "itchy." he LOVES his cream and asks for it all the time. it seems to bring him relief because he asks for it and then stops complaining! he has been in swimming lessons for a few weeks and has not had more "itchy" skin since then, after using the aveno, i mean.

DandKG
03-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Try Aquaphor lotion. It is very heavy, almost like vaseline. It works so well on my son's eczema spots and my dry hands. You can find it at Target but if you have a Costco near you try to get it there. It is much cheaper! Hope that helps.

Danielle

Aunt to sweet baby boy
03-03-2007, 10:04 PM
I love the Eucerin cream, not lotion. The lotion was thinner than i like but the cream is really thick and helped me a lot. I bought a huge tub at costco.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061128/V76Q.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/wYA-m8/.png[/img][/url]

suz
03-04-2007, 03:13 AM
My DD also takes swimming classes and she has severe dry skin. It got so dry that it feels like sandpaper. Now, I make sure that she showers off the chlorine afterwards and apply aquaphor immediately after her shower. I also use Cetaphil creme (not lotion) daily on her. The Cetaphil creme does contain nut oil, so don't use this if he is allergic to it.

tylersmama
03-04-2007, 10:26 AM
I agree with the Cetaphil. I love it! DS was starting to get some eczema, but since we cut back on baths and started using Cetaphil twice a day, his baby soft skin is back. We still get dry patches on swim class days, but it's SO much better than it was!