PDA

View Full Version : Jamaica - Montego Bay? Ocho Rios? Tell me your story!

pampamz
03-04-2007, 08:47 AM
We are looking at a 1week all inclusive trip to Jamaica.
Any experience, good, bad, ugly, on the resorts there?

Thanks!

scoop22
03-04-2007, 09:41 AM
we went to sandals montego bay. it was great. i would look into beaches if you are doing the family vacation. i have heard good things there.

we had a great experience at the resort. when we went off the resort that is when we were sketched out. crazy driving. also, check and see how far away your resort would be from the airport. windy roads crazy driving can result in stress. we weren't far from the hotel. i think ocho rios is. i'm not postive on that.
good luck
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

spanannie
03-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Beaches Negril...DON'T DO IT! Seriously, it pains me to go into the details, but it was a really miserable vacation. If you do a search, I'm sure you can find me expanding on this a couple of times.

pampamz
03-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks to everyone for their responses. I had no idea Jamaica was so 'iffy'. The bus ride to Ocho Rios sounds a bit unsettling.

Back to the drawing board for our KID FREE (!) vacation...
I'd love suggestions!

npace19147
03-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Hawaii! If you have the time it blows the Carribbean away (IME, anyway!)

SJ mom
03-04-2007, 03:43 PM
I enjoyed my time in JAmaica when I was in the resort area. I satyed in Ocho Rios and would warn you to stay away only cause it is another 1.5-2 hours away from the air port....

scoop22
03-04-2007, 03:48 PM
if it is a kid free stay.. i highly recommend sandals. wonderful food, drinks, atmosphere, service. i went to the one in jamaica (royal carribean) my sister went to sandals st. lucia. sandals is great... i am sure you can find reviews on other ones if you don't want to go to jamaica.
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

MichelleRC
03-04-2007, 04:46 PM
DH and I spent a wek at Round Hill a few years ago. The resort was great, very posh, in a rustic sort of way--Ralph Lauren owns a villa there. If you go, I would not leave the resort at all though.

Have fun deciding!