PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for pantry storage?

bnme
03-09-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm looking for ideas for storing prepackaged cookies, snacks and other pantry items. Currently I mostly just use the box they are in (example: for wheat thins just fold bag down inside box) but for certain items I feel they don't stay as fresh. I find I often put things into big Ziploc bags and that seems so wasteful. I have a Rubbermaid container that I use for Cheerios bought in bulk. It works pretty well but looking for some other ideas and the best place to buy/price.

Thanks

psophia17
03-09-2007, 01:31 PM
I like using dedicated tins for cookies and crackers - they are cheap, and so long as they seal well they do a great job. Craft stores like Michaels have them.

I also use binder clips to keep bags closed tight. I've been doing that for years...

ps. When I read the subject, I had to look 2x - I though it said "ideas for panty storage"

tiapam
03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
I use bag clips for everything. It all stays fresh. I use the ones from Pampered Chef.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

Fairy
03-09-2007, 05:43 PM
When I read the title, I thought I was replying to PANTY storage, so imagine my surprise when I started reading about food. Funny!

How about clear cannisters you can get from Bed Bath & Beyond or the Container Store?