PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Received something in the mail from Child Dev. Center?

murphjacks
03-11-2007, 12:55 PM
I just received a letter from the "Child Development Center" informing me that if I send them a card back with my address and a few more tidbits of info, they'll send me (get ready for this)
1. A FREE Digital Camera (preloaded with software)
2. A Baby and Family Discount Coupon Book
3. A FREE 10X13 Color Portrait of my child or family at JC Penney
4. A Certificate for 100 Rolls of Kodak color print film

okay, so i tried to google them and didn't get alot of info on them.

The letter also states that it is by invitation only and that my husband and myself need to be present in our home to accept these gifts. no phone number is listed either. so what gives? seems a little fishy to me.

any thoughts?

jessica

punkrockmama
03-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah, sounds like junk/scam mail to me. You really never get something for nothing.

elliput
03-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Child Development Center is a pretty generic name. I'd say it is junk.

SnuggleBuggles
03-11-2007, 05:36 PM
There is no such thing as "free." They want your personal info for something. Probably to put you on more mailing lists and phone lists. Plus, I would really hesitate to give out a child's information.

I would *not* do it.

Beth

randomkid
03-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Since it says you have to be home to accept the gifts, it sounds like one of those scams to get you to let someone in your house, then they try to get you to buy a timeshare or a water softening system or something. I'd pitch it in the trash!

Laurel
03-12-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm pretty sure this is one of the ones where they give you all the stuff and then guilt you into buying their product- which in this case (I think) is overpriced kids books.

murphjacks
03-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks all. Yeah, i figured it was something like that. I did end up finding an article from '02 about a lady who went forward with this and it was a deal to buy a bunch of books (encyclopedias, kids books, etc). They bamboozled her pretty good into buying the books, so "guilt" sounds appropriate.

The offer is in the trash.

cheers!