PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here an MP3 expert?

jess_g
03-14-2007, 07:16 AM
I just bought my daughter her first MP3 player. She loves it! We have bought her a few songs and put some songs from CD onto it. Its amazing what they have on itunes these days. My big question is this, Can I download songs from itunes and copy them onto a CD that I can listen to on a regular CD player? Or are the files only in MP3 format? And do they make MP3 players like the old fashioned boom boxes? (Meaning something with speakers so everyone can listen to it)?

Thanks for the help, I am realy new at this. Since I left work to stay home with the kids I feel like I have fallen so far behind with technology.

Jessica.

set81616
03-14-2007, 08:06 AM
I don't use itunes but I have used napster and a few other sites. You can download full format songs (not compressed like an MP3) and play them on pretty much any cd player. Some cd players are mp3 capable. My hubby always downloads new songs and burns them for any road trip we do. There is also computer software that will take an mp3 and uncompress it so you can play it on a cd without mp3 capability. I can get more specifics if you need.
Shannon

BillK
03-14-2007, 09:33 AM
ITunes is not in mp3 format (it's ACC) - but - you can burn those ITunes songs to a CD with the ITunes software that plays in a regular cd player - THEN - you can rip the audio cd you just burned (that works in a regular cd players) to mp3 format - if you want to have the mp3's for any "other" reason.

They make "boom boxes" with a little dock in them you slip your iPod into yes.