PDA

View Full Version : Any interior decorators out there?

1ceng1
03-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I's in the middle of a kitchen reno and am trying to get my rooms to flow in terms of wall paint. I want them to be different colors, yet they need to flow. I know there is a rule on how to do this while browsing through paint swtches, but I can't remember what it is. Do I choose a color and then all the colors in the same horizontal row in the display automatically match it? There's got to be an easy way to do this. Any help?

I hope this wasn't too confusing.

Thank you!!

etaylor75
03-15-2007, 07:26 PM
I always start with something that I'm going to have in the room for a long time. A rug is a great item to work from.

Home Depot and Lowes also have color swatches that show palettes of colors that go together.

Good luck!
Erin

hwin708
03-15-2007, 07:42 PM
The only rule I know is 60-30-10. But that is for within a room. You have one main color, one accent color, and one color for the tiny details.

In terms of flow throughout the entire house, I just try to keep the color changes relatively reasonable (I don't go from lavender to bright green, for example), and most of the trim paint one shade throughout the entire house. I would hate to be so limited by one row of colors.