PDA

View Full Version : has anyone been to Belize?

KarenNYC
03-19-2007, 06:51 PM
we are planning a trip for our 10th anniversary this October and will be leaving the kids with Gram and Pop-pop in FL so we'll have to fly out of there and don;t want to spend too much time travelling as we'll only have 4 or 5 days to play. DH wants to sit on his butt and I want to be someplace that I can a bit more so we are thinking Belize. We both liked the Coppola resort but would love to advice or suggestions. anyone been there? any suggestions on what resorts to go to???? sites to see?

shilo
03-19-2007, 09:40 PM
we were on a dive boat for most of our stay (breathtaking diving if you scuba), but anyway, on our last day in the country we spent the day up at Altun Ha (mayan ruins). it was one of the most beautiful and mysterious places i've ever been. the views from the top of the ruins were spectacular. the site itself has been partially restored and partially preserved as it was, so you can see both. if you go, look for the masks built in the sides of the walls - you can't tell what they are unless you're looking for them, but once you figure out they're all different faces you can start to make them out easily. very cool to spend part of a day wandering the grounds. also, the tour guides who make their living showing visitors around are very knowledgeable and had some really unique stories about the history and the culture. well worth the tip.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

jbowman
03-19-2007, 10:00 PM
My husband and I went to Belize for our honeymoon. We didn't want to spend too much time traveling, and we wanted to go somewhere where we could relax, but also do a bit of sightseeing. We stayed at Ramon's Village on Ambergris Caye. It was great! I especially liked it b/c was not a big, corporate place, and b/c it was not an all-inclusive. We went to Altun Ha, which we really enjoyed, and spent the rest of the time snorkeling, swimming, biking, and relaxing.