PDA

View Full Version : Missing Boy Scout Found Alive. He's Ok!

Fairy
03-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Thank goodness. He was a mile and a half from the campsite. Dehydrated and hungry, but ok otherwise. Lead story on cnn.com. The father says that this is no one's fault, he knows his son got the highest possible supervision, and that he'll trust this troop to take his son on the next camping trip in the future. What do you all think?

bunnisa
03-20-2007, 01:05 PM
I think he won't be wandering off next time!

...blessed wife and mama to two & one due this summer!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres

maddyzmommy
03-20-2007, 02:11 PM
I think it's great the father said that. I sincerely doubt his kid will go camping with that troup EVER again. Mine wouldn't. Ever. I'd look at this as a "Your kid shouldn't camp" sign from God. I tend to listen to shake-down messages like that.

Andi

maestramommy
03-20-2007, 02:17 PM
he he! I agree! Haven't read the story yet (didn't even know he was missing!), but I agree with the dad. Assuming the supervision was all it could be, sometimes kids just wander off. This one was lucky.

elliput
03-20-2007, 02:29 PM
I like the father's attitude. It is very easy to think you are just going down to the creek or whatever and get disoriented along the way. I am glad this incident had a positive outcome.