PDA

View Full Version : Is anything ever OT in this forum?

ajmom
03-21-2007, 01:25 PM
I see lots of people starting threads in this forum and they put OT in the title- is anything "off-topic" in the lounge? Aren't we all OT?? I'm not trying to pick on anyone, so I hope it doesn't come across like I am... It just makes me wonder everytime I see it, "what IS the topic?" :)

Piglet
03-21-2007, 01:35 PM
I always think it is anything that doesn't pertain to parenting, babies, kids, etc. For example if I needed help with a decorating question or wanted to talk about some scientific phenomenon, etc. I would think that was off-topic. If I was asking about family vacations or birth control, that would definitely be "on-topic". I also think of the lounge as the water cooler of the BBB - talk about TV shows, current events, etc.

janeybwild
03-21-2007, 01:55 PM
What she said :)

o_mom
03-21-2007, 02:36 PM
I think you should have started your title with OT..... :-)

Fairy
03-21-2007, 09:12 PM
I guess it does seem a little silly to start a topic "OT" in the Lounge. I will still do that sometimes, as I see the Lounge as a parenting place where your topic doesn't best fit elsewhere. So, random TV stuff (e.g. Idol) and couches and that sort of thing I can see saying OT for. But I see not doing it, too. Eh, either goes just fine, I think :-)

mommy111
03-22-2007, 08:24 AM
What they all said :)
I'm guilty of starting OT if its not baby related.