PDA

View Full Version : Purse help Please!!

Pennylane
03-23-2007, 11:06 AM
I have been carrying the same purse for the past three years, SAK black backpack, and am so ready for a grown up purse. I really want to buy a nice leather bag, under $300.00.

My question is, what color would you buy? Black or brown? I really want it to be something I can carry most of the year. Any great bags that you have found?

Thanks!

Ann

Laurel
03-23-2007, 11:27 AM
I am a fan of Banana Republic's handbags- I'm pretty sure most are under $300.

On sites like Bluefly.com you can sometimes find the pricey lables (Prada, Fendi, etc.) for $90-300.

I have one good brown bag and one good black one. I find the brown gets more use, but I think that has more to do with shoe color, clothing, etc.

Good luck!

KBecks
03-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I currently have a Hobo bag that I like a lot. It's kind of plain and a little boring, but still somehow, it's kind of classic and stylish too. It wasn't near $300, more like $100-$110ish.

I chose brown but my last purse was black. I think either is fine. Actually coming on summer, maybe you want a fun color for the warmer weather? (Not to make things more difficult). I think a fun, not too pricey summer bag is cool in addition to your mainstay fall/winter/spring bag - if you can find one you like -- purse shopping is hard sometimes!

Lilysmom06
03-23-2007, 02:49 PM
I love, love, love my Kate Spade handbags. I have three of them, all black but different styles. They are not leather, they are made of different fabrics (nylon possibly?) but I think they look really classy. I always get compliments whenever I am using one of them, and they have held up very well considering the abuse they get! Spills wipe off easily and none have any stains (yet). And they are roomy, but light. I am sure she makes leather ones as well.

As for color - I would definitely go for black. But I am someone who only carries a black bag (even diaper bag) and wears black shoes 99% of the time as well.

Good luck, and have fun! I *love* shopping for handbags. I can't wait until I am done with diaper bags (although I like my KS diaper bag as well :)).

Kathy

MayB
03-24-2007, 05:00 AM
I really love Coach bags (I prefer the leather, not other materials, if I'm paying that much for a bag, I want leather). I have them in a few styles and use them all. They may never be super trandy, but they are a classic that never go out of style.

Pennylane
03-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I love the purses at Banana Republic, never thought to look there and the price is just what I wanted to pay. I love this one but can't decide on a color:

http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product.do?cid=29617&pid=464930&scid=464930042

Thanks again :)
Ann

KBecks
03-24-2007, 11:50 AM
I like sunflower and whiskey. What color is your hair? I chose a tone for my last bag that complements my hair color.

Drag0nflygirl
03-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Sunflower and Whiskey were my faves too. Whiskey seems a bit more "all-season" though.

Nancy

Laurel
03-24-2007, 07:01 PM
I have a BR bag in the whiskey and it wears very well. Still looks good after a year of heavy mom use!

kozachka
03-25-2007, 04:11 AM
How about this Coach Soho Small Handbag? It is within your budget ($199 from www.costco.com, including shipping) and is leather. Not sure how mahogany colour looks IRL but I like it's small size.
http://tinyurl.com/3db5aq

On somewhat related note, can somebody please clue me in why everybody loves Coach so much. I've been to a Coach store and outlet and think their stuff is overpriced for the quality, while at the same time does not have enough cache (thinking true designer purses) to justify the price based on status alone. What am I missing?