PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cross in CA dumped policies of those who became PG or sick

brittone2
03-23-2007, 11:28 AM
interesting article and I thought relevant to this site since they chose to cancel policies on women who became pg in certain instances:

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Mar23/0,4670,BlueCrossFine,00.html

maestramommy
03-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I was listening to Air Talk this morning while in the car and they discussed this extensively, interview the attorney who is pursuing a class action lawsuit on behalf of some of the policy holders. I wish I could've been home to hear more of it.

Tondi G
03-23-2007, 04:29 PM
I totally believe it! I don't know wbaout other states but health care in CA is super expensive as is health insurance coverage! We have Blue Shield and we pay a ton for not a lot of coverage! I wish it wasn't so!

I love this!...

The state investigation was fueled by a series of stories in the Los Angeles Times. The articles disclosed that Blue Cross, along with other insurers such as Blue Shield of California and Kaiser Permanente, routinely canceled coverage of individual policyholders whose medical care resulted in large claims, prompting some to lose their homes or suffer other hardships.

:(