PDA

View Full Version : OT: I need a WALLET!`

KBecks
03-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I just got a Fossil wallet. You can check their web site, but they have several styles. Mine has pretty much all the features you describe.

I was tempted by Coach wallets, but I couldn't spend that much.

Oh, I'm pretty sure they have leather versions of this format also.

KBecks
03-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I just got a Fossil wallet. You can check their web site, but they have several styles. Mine has pretty much all the features you describe.

I was tempted by Coach wallets, but I couldn't spend that much.

Oh, I'm pretty sure they have leather versions of this format also.

Lovingliv
03-23-2007, 07:41 PM
I own coach....and I love it. I actually have a plethora of Coach's.

All were gifts.....

Lovingliv
03-23-2007, 07:41 PM
I own coach....and I love it. I actually have a plethora of Coach's.

All were gifts.....

Melanie
03-23-2007, 08:38 PM
hmm...I scoured the site but can't find one that sounds like that. Maybe it was discontinued?

Melanie
03-23-2007, 08:39 PM
I was looking at coach wallets on eBay today, and I couldn't find one that fit my needs. I am afraid to look at their website for fear of finding one at retail. LOL.

MarisaSF
03-23-2007, 09:58 PM
I'd suggest you look at the men's selection. I have a wallet like you describe that I got in the men's section because I like the features. The only thing mine doesn't have that you want is a coin pocket. I carry a separate coin purse.

fortato
03-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah- I'm a Coach freak... I bought a $150 wallet that has never contained that much cash...ever.

fortato
03-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Rachel...
Have you been to the outlet in Tilton?? TAX FREE SHOPPING!!!

I have a problem. Is there a Coachaholics Anonymous?

KBecks
03-24-2007, 06:30 AM
Here's the one I have although the photo isn't great for detail

http://www.fossil.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=19290&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=1034&iSubCat=1042&iProductID=19290&selectedcolor=1950

It has two bill compartments, an outsize zippered coin on the back (big), and there is a flap that folds out that is not shown well in the photo. It came with a std. plastic photo holder that gets tucked in.

Melanie
03-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Can you shopping mamas help me? Yes, I love to shop. Ask me about kids' clothing or shoes, maybe even still a few stroller, diaper bag or gear questions and I'mt here for you. But stuff for ME? I'm lost!

I love love love my old-falling apart wallet that I'm embarrassed for people to see me pulling out of my JuJuBe backpack on my p3 stroller (LOL - I feel like the person who pulls their jalopy up to the front of their new McMansion). I am having trouble finding the exact one IRL, and online it's about $35 plus ship. So I figured before I plunk down about $50 for the same one, I'd see if anyone has any suggestions in the same price range?

The requirement is that it hold lots of photos, coins, no check book (I actually prefer the more square-ish style), several card slots and a Driver's Licenese window is a nice bonus.

Any suggestions?

TIA

daniele_ut
03-24-2007, 08:17 AM
I second the recommendation for Fossil wallets. I had my last one for 5 years and just got a new one for Christmas because I wanted a new look.

I don't see the exact color that I have on their site, but this is the style:

http://www.fossil.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=28541&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=927&iSubCat=1034&iProductID=28541&selectedcolor=1836

Mine is black with large red and white circles on it. It did come with a photo holder, but I don't really use it. I found that Macy's has a really good selection of Fossil wallets in the store.

Nooknookmom
03-24-2007, 01:46 PM
There should be b/c I have the same problem!

bubbaray
03-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I recently switched from my Coach wallet to this one:

http://www.ebags.com/tignanello/jessica_zip_around_wallet/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=41934

I really like that it zips completely around, so you can open it flat. It holds quite a bit of stuff. I got the pink, which seems to be out of stock. The leather is softer than Coach. This is obviously more of a chequebook style one, but ebags carries other wallets from that brand in more square-ish styles.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

Twin Mom
03-24-2007, 08:03 PM
TJ Maxx and Marshalls usually have a pretty good selection. You may want to see if they have any that will work for you.

jacksmom0902
03-24-2007, 08:45 PM
I have been very happy with my Lodis wallet and checkbook cover. They cost a little more than your price range but whatshebuys.com offers free shipping.

Karla

BeachBum
03-25-2007, 12:43 PM
I have a coach wallet that I love that is a square style.
I also have a Hobo International wallet that I love too. It is more of a checkbook shape but doesn't hold a check book.
The leather is really soft on both and they both have held up great. I had the coach one for about 4 or 5 years before switching to the Hobo. The coach is still in good shape but I like the hobo because I can make it more like a wristlet because my phone and a slim lipstick will fit in the change purse in pinch.

Melanie
03-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Thank you everyone for these helpful responses and links! I'm checking them all out and googling away!