PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty bummed out-but hope you can cheer me up!!

dontdoit
03-25-2007, 03:03 PM
So my youngest son will be turning 2 in May. I still have some pounds I want to lose. I weigh 125 lbs and don't look too bad, but I used to weigh 98 lbs before I had kids, so I really want to be thin(not that thin though) again. My problem isn't so much losing the weight-I have an addiction to coca-cola that I need to kick. My problem is my skin on my stomach. It's all wrinked around my belly button and does this V-shaped thing (it's hard to explain) under my belly button. I have to tuck the skin into my jeans. I just bought an elliptical and am hoping to get toned up. BUT THEN..I read online that it is NOT possible to tighten the skin unless you have a tummy tuck. Does anyone know this for sure or had loose skin that eventually tightened up from doing exercise? I also read that you could put some kind of cream on your skin to tighten it, but it sounds like the same kind of "miracle" cream that makes your breast grow. Thanks for reading my story and any help or advice would be appreciated!!

**If this is supposed to be posted in Mommy Fit-sorry about that! I just don't really need advice about losing weight.**

kozachka
03-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Hugs. If you find the magic treatment, let me know. My breast skin could use some help similar to your stomach. I am seriously considering laser treatments for all my stretch marks, quite a few of which are on my breasts. Unfortunately, from what I've read I am not a good candidate as I am not fair skinned and my stretch marks are not fresh.

I think in your case, getting the body fat percentage down should help quite a bit. Unfortunately, I do not think there are any creams out there for loose skin. IMHO serious surgery like tummy tuck should be last resort. Good luck with the exercise and I'll be watching this post.

SnuggleBuggles
03-25-2007, 04:27 PM
My friend who is 5'1" just went from 132 down to around 110. When she was 132 she used to say she had to tuck the extra skin into her jeans. Now that she has lost the weight she still has a bit of a "mom belly" but not like before (no extra skin to tuck in). I didn't think it would really be possible to do anything with that since it just seems like stretched out skin, not fat, but she has been inspiring. :)

Just go with your plan for working out etc and I bet you'll have success.

Beth

brittone2
03-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Oh I so hear you.

I was really wrinkly after DS and while it didn't go away, it got better over time. Now the skin is back again. Sigh.

I don't think there's a ton you can do short of a tummy tuck. A good friend from college lost major weight...I mean major, and had one done. She said the recovery wasn't that bad, but her doc told her many times that it is much worse for women post-kids, and the recovery is more painful because they often end up sewing through abs to repair things.

Also, if you can do a lot of ab stuff, it won't fix the skin issue, but it may fill out that area a bit if that makes sense, making the skin a little less wrinkly if the muscles underneath are toned up and take up some of the slack.

I'm so with you.