PDA

View Full Version : OT: Fashion Advice, please

KrisM
03-26-2007, 06:42 AM
I am shopping for some new spring/summer clothes. I think I like this from Old Navy: http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=5438&pid=435831. but, I have 2 worries. First, Old Navy tends to have very deep Vs. Second, it's sleeveless, so can't be worn for a while and I'm not thrilled with my arms anyway.

So, can I put another shirt underneath? What type?

KBecks
03-26-2007, 07:36 AM
You could try a black strech camisole and play with where it sits, you don't want it too high. Or you could fill in the neckline with a chunky necklace or pendant.

However, I'm a true believer in trying clothes on. I really don't order online unless I have a good sense of how it will fit.
Do you have a store near you?

roysmom
03-26-2007, 08:29 AM
I too, am one for trying on clothes. Luckily, you can return online items to an actual store with Old Navy. Yes, the neckline seems a little low. All of their products, with a v-neck, look fine on me, but show half of my mom's cleavage. She is not big busted, just built different. I really don't think this one would look right with anything under it. I would go for the chunky necklace or maybe pair it with a light-weight spring jacket to hide your arms. Cute shirt though.

SnuggleBuggles
03-26-2007, 10:25 AM
That is a cute shirt. I would definetly not put a sleeved shirt underneath it. Only thing I may wear under there is a cami.

I bet you are the only one who notices your arms. :) They probably look fine. :)

Beth

KrisM
03-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks everyone. I am scoping out the website before I get to the store, so I don't miss something I want to try on. Browsing with 2 kids is just too hard!

I have V neck T-shirts from them. The ones from 2005 are fine, but 2006 are cut so low, I rarely wear them. I think I could easily nurse through the neck opening!

MommyAllison
03-26-2007, 03:31 PM
That is a cute top - I agree with the PPs that a black cami underneath would be totally fine. The PPs idea of a lightweight jacket over the top would work in addition to that, if you need to cover your arms. Happy shopping!

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05