PDA

View Full Version : VClute...it's getting close!!!

Lovingliv
03-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Are you ready?

Good luck Amy!!!! Can't wait to hear your "pink" story!!!!

MommyAllison
03-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Bump :) hope you have a wonderful birth experience, Amy!

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Good luck to you Amy!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

VClute
03-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Y'all, I'm still pregnant. VERY pregnant. I went to the midwives a few weeks ago and met one who was a little more "medical" than "midwifey" and FREAKED OUT when she read how large and overdue DS had been (2.5 weeks overdue, 10 pounds, 8 ounces) so she sent me for an ultrasound. I told her, "You know those things aren't accurate, right? Besides, I have GREAT faith in my pelvis, etc."

But, I didn't want to turn down an opportunity to see baby girl again, so I went ahead and they estimated 9 pounds at 38 weeks. The NEXT midwife I saw estimated another 10+ pounder just by palpating outside, but she wasn't nearly as worried about it as the last one. She agrees that if I did it once, I can do it again.

SO, I checked what phase of the moon DS was born in, and it was in the same phase this weekend. I had HIGH hopes that I could talk baby girl into coming on out, but no dice. I even ate Thai food, and that didn't help. DH finds the thought of another method (nudge nudge) of induction repugnant at this stage, so I'm left with membrane-stripping (scheduled for tomorrow) and castor oil (I'll try it on Friday if no luck from Wednesday's events.)

I am HUGE, nothing fits, and the weather is getting too hot for me to even pretend to be patient and happy. All of the consignment sales I had been looking forward to are done, so there's nothing for me to look forward to besides getting this baby out! Agh!!

But I am SO touched to see this thread. Thanks so much for thinking of me! I'll be sure to post pics and a story - when I've got one! :)

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

kozachka
03-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Good luck tomorrow, Amy. Can't wait to read your birth story and see picture of the baby girl :).

lizajane
03-27-2007, 03:08 PM
let me tell you- i have seen this pregnant woman in the flesh and while there is definitley a whole person in there, she is one precious mom!!! :)

what did you get at divine consign, by the way???

thinking of you and your GIRL on the way (and feeling VERY jealous that you have bishops and hair bows in your future!!!!!!!!)

Corie
03-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Amy,

Can't wait to hear all about your baby girl !! Keep us posted! :)

VClute
03-28-2007, 05:28 AM
Actually, I held back A LOT at Divine Consign. I had JUST finished several loads of laundry and sorting and realized that baby girl and Dixon both have PLENTY of clothes. I did get a Strasburg outfit for Dixon for which I already had the matching sister outfit. And I got a lot of simple things, like slips. Truly, though, we have NO ROOM for any more clothes, so I'm stuck with nothing fun to do while I wait. sigh...

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

karolyp
03-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Good luck today!!! We can't wait to meet your little girl!!!!

Lovingliv
03-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Hang in there Amy,,,,it won't be long now!!!!!

Wishing you the birthing experience you are dreaming of!!!

wendyp
03-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Amy:

I feel you...we have the same "due date". Here's to getting these babies out!!!