PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Been???

roysmom
03-29-2007, 12:30 PM
To A Day With Thomas? We are taking DS to see Thomas the Train tomorrow. I am so excited. We have not told him, yet, as he has little concept of time. I am thinking we will tell him tomorrow morning, first thing. Did you enjoy it, was it worth the money, was it crowded? I just wanted to BTDT advice. Anything I need to be prepared for?

Lynnie
03-29-2007, 12:54 PM
We went last year, and we liked it, but the kids favorite part was actually the mini golf and bounce house and stuff outside.

They really liked seeing thomas, but the ride itself was a little too long for my then almost 2 year old. The inside of the train was a normal train (and not a cool old fashioned one) and he just felt cooped up. But of course, if we hadn't ridden it, I am sure they would have been bummed.

Warning: they have TONS of thomas merchandise for sale there, so just be on the look out if you don't want to buy anything. We avoided it, and just colored for a while, and walked sort of past the main merchandise area, and had no problem with the boys wanting things when I didn't want to buy. I think I did buy a balloon, but I kinda wanted that, it was fun to tie on the stroller.

I think it was very cool for them to actually see thomas, and the outside was like a county fair type thing, with hay bales to climb on, and games, and lots of food.

Have fun and bring your camera !

caheinz
03-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Oops. Deleted. Wasn't actually responding to the question that was being asked!

SnuggleBuggles
03-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Personally I am not sure it would have been worth the $ for a 2yo. My 4.5 really liked it though I think he thought it was too long. There were plenty of 2yos around us and they seemed to like it but they weren't really into it. Like, they would have the audience participate by making certain sounds at cerain times or clapping a rhythm and the 2yos around us didn't do any of that. Of course, that doesn't mean they did not like it.

It is a musical and it was pretty well done/ enjoyable. The tickets were pretty pricey though for our seats and I am not sure that the look of awe he had the first few minutes was really worth it. I'm on the fence on my review. In hindsight I probably would have skipped it. But, ds is not a gigantic Thomas fan. he just likes him. Had he *loved* him I am sure it would be different.

But, since you already have tickets (not trying to decide to go) I will say that I bet you will have fun. Come with some spending $ as every kid in the audience seems to want the $12 flashlight.

In the quarry scene the "rocks" fall on Percy and a little one may get a smidge scared.

It was about 45 minutes for the first act, a 15-20 minute intermission and then maybe another 30 minutes. The box office person told me the wrong #s when I called and she said there was no intermission.

Dress was very casual at our performance. Lots of Thomas gear.

Beth

ETA- oops, you meant that Day Out with Thomas thing where you ride the train and do the activities not the show, huh? We did that too. Do a search on here as it really did vary by location. I was disappointed in our's, ds could take or leave it and it really wasn't worth it. And the whole "passport" to collect a prize probably won't be that important to a 2yo so don't make a hard effort to do all the activities if you don't have time. The "prize" was a let down. And one of the places you were supposed to visit was the gift shop. Grrr...Not that I wouldn't have bought a souvenier but I didn't want to have to go there just to get a stamp.

Lynnie
03-29-2007, 04:23 PM
it was fun running around.

KrisM
03-29-2007, 09:59 PM
We went last year and have tickets for this year. We didn't tell DS until we got there and he saw Thomas. It was great to see his expression and to hear him say "Thomas. That's Thomas." Plus, it was a 45 minute drive and would have seemed so long if he knew where we were going!

Ours wasn't crowded, as the place was big. The train was full though. Lots of things to do, so go early, or plan to stay late.

There are 2 places near us that have it. One is very pricey and would have cost $78 or so for the 3 of us and DS would have been free! The place we went was $48 for all of us and DS was charged. Much different.

Have fun.