PDA

View Full Version : tell me not to get sucked into the world of Webkinz???

ctmom
03-30-2007, 08:18 AM
some kids in my dd's kindergarten class have Webkinz. They are cute, so I thought I would put one in her Easter basket. Well, they are sold out in every store and now I'm considering buying one on ebay for twice the price!!! Please, tell me not to do it...this is the first time I'm getting sucked into the "newest trend", and the sad part is she hasn't even asked for one. I just thought she would like it...

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

Lynnie
03-30-2007, 08:52 AM
don't do it.

you can get one later at the regular price when htey are back in stock.

Now, tell me not to look them up on the internet.... LOL !

oneplustwo
03-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Mary, take your finger off the mouse clicker and back away from the ebay screen! Now, go to the kitchen, open the freezer, take out the ice cream, and serve yourself a BIG BOWL. Get a soup spoon. Eat. It. All. Ahh, don't you feel relaxed now? Your lust for Webkins should be going, going, gone. . .

You're right, they're cute, but don't get one if your DD isn't asking for one. They are very popular in our elementary school too, but so far it's just the older kids, not the kindergarten classes. I hear from other moms how they have to battle their kids to limit computer time, b/c some get pretty addicted to it. Not that it's always an issue, but why risk it? Wait till it's something your DD shows an interest in, and definitely wait until the stores are restocked.

All the best,

Pennylane
03-31-2007, 06:16 AM
My SIL gave my 5 yr old DD one for Christmas and she has had a really great time with it. I have not had a problem with her wanting to be one the computer all day. She usually gets on once a day to "feed" her puppy and play a few games.

Like the pp said, I wouldn't pay more than what they normally cost.

Ann

KarenNYC
03-31-2007, 07:31 AM
DO NOT OVERPAY! If you DD is not asking for one then it is not worth it. My son has two (he got one as a birthday present and then told me it was lonely and needed a friend) and is still asking for more and he is only 4! he goes on every day twice a day to feed and play with them and earn money to buy food and toys etc....

go on the site and look up stores in the area that carry them and call around - see if you can be put on a list to be called when new ones come in. that is what they do around here. Either way - if you DD was DYING for one I'd say consider ebay but if not - skip it!

tarynsmum
03-31-2007, 07:34 AM
My oldest niece has two; she got them for her 8th birthday. She LOVES them. Sh hasn't gotten horribly addicted or anything, and I think they teach a good lesson of work ethic - you have to work to make the mony to buy what you want for your Webkins - if you don't do the "work" (playing games, etc), you don't get the cool stuff. I also think it's cool that she can play games against her friends to make "money".

I'm debating whether or not to get one for my younger niece (who's turning 5 next week). She loves the computer, and fights for extra time now, without the added push of Webkins. Also, I don't want them constantly fighting over the computer to play.

I agree with PP - don't buy from Ebay! Just wait until they're in the store, and pay regular price.