PDA

View Full Version : Good skincare products for MEN?

Alys the Cat
03-30-2007, 02:38 PM
DH is turning 40 next week, and has started poking around my moisturizer. :) I'd like to get him some upscale skincare products of his own, but am not sure what men's brands are good. He doesn't wear cologne, so I think he'd prefer something unscented. Any recommendations?

TIA!

BeachBum
03-30-2007, 02:45 PM
For drugstore stuff we like the Nivea for Men and regular Oil of Olay :) I bought DH some nice products from Origins but he rarely used them. Later he confessed he felt guilty and was trying to save them since they were 'expensive'.

My husband has always used spf moisturizer on his face since being on accutane as a teen. Getting him to add an under eye cream was not a problem.

madelinesmom
03-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I wear BeautiControl and I buy my husband the Men's skin care products. They don't have a smell and he really likes that about them. He uses the cleanser (he keeps it in the shower) and the moisturizer. I thought he would laugh when I bought it but he really likes it...

Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

Bean606
03-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Kiehl's has great products for men and women, and they have unscented stuff, as well as some really lightly scented natural things. They have a couple of stores in NYC and also sell at Bloomingdales, but I think they have a website, or at least a mail order catalogue. But, they are pricey!

dhano923
03-31-2007, 12:03 AM
I second the Kiehl's -- my hubby loves their shave cream, moisturizer and shampoo for oily hair.

HGraceMom
03-31-2007, 11:35 AM
I bought my little brother a keihl's gift basket / starter set for christmas last year & now he's hooked! We told him that even if he doesn't use it, put it out in his bathroom when he has dates over & they'd think he's really cool & trendy ;)

Every now & again they have free shipping on their site, but I've usually bought from Nieman's for him, or a gift card to their chicago storefront (Lincoln Park / Wrigleyville area.)