PDA

View Full Version : *sniffle* my baby is growing up!

robinsonbn
03-30-2007, 11:55 PM
He is finally cutting his first tooth. You can see it and feel it, he also pushed himself up on his hands and knees today and rocked a tiny bit, he has started eating solids, and we bought his first booster seat today..........he will be 6mo on Sunday....were did my newborn go! I seriously cried over the loss of his beautiful toothless grin, the bittersweetness of his milestones, and just because....he is a boy soon he won't want mommy to hug him any more
:( I am sooo sad, yet happy he is growing and healthy...but I don't want him to not need me anymore....he even holds and prefers to hold his own bottle....now I understand when my mother said "being a parent is the happiest torture you will ever experience"

mariza
04-01-2007, 06:41 AM
I'm right there with you! My guy will be 7 months on Sunday (although at 20+ lbs he looks more like 18 months!)
He definately has his own way about him now and it's sad, but I also look forward to what he will start doing next.
My favorite part is watching him interact with 2 yo DD, she loves to make him laugh and at 6 months he really started responding a lot to her.
They are so much fun, enjoy!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

kimbe
04-01-2007, 07:40 AM
I feel your pain! Last night DD (21 months) couldn't sleep so we let her come downstairs with us and watch basketball for a bit. It was like having my own little sportscaster on the couch with me. "Blue guy has the ball." "He's running, running, running, running." "Shoot it." "Aw miss!" "He got it!" We were laughing and crying at the same time. Not sure where our little baby went.

Where does the time go? There is so much joy ahead for you! Don't worry, your baby boy will need you forever --- you're his mommy!

newmomto3kids
04-01-2007, 12:31 PM
My little boy is by far the huggiest of all of my kids. He is the first to kiss me, hold my hand, snuggle with me in bed or ask for a love.
So, don't fret, you may be getting little boy loves and hugs for years and years to come.

robinsonbn
04-03-2007, 03:26 AM
Well really one, on his 6mo birthday on Sunday he pushed himself up on his hands and knees, moved one knee forward, then one hand, then the other knee...then shot forward and fell on his face! Does this count as crawling DH said no..but he wasn't there at the time! I got it on film (which was dumb luck that I decided to turn the camera on) I just thought it was funny, he hasn't done it that well since though so maybe it was an April Fool's joke...he just puts a knee forward and leaps lol.